Just can't get used to those 4 bottom buttons!

Last Updated:

1. floepie

floepie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Coming from the iphone, those bottom buttons on the Vibrant are so difficult! First, it often takes some hunting to get them to respond, especially the far left one, which take several attempts quite often.

Because they're not tactical in the dark, it's highly problematic that they LEDs time-out after a measly 3 seconds! What's the point of the LEDs if they're going to shine for that short of time?

I'd have to say this is the most frustrating part of this phone. Hopefully, these woes can be cured with a software update?

Advertisement
  2. MonkeyManiac2010

MonkeyManiac2010 Well-Known Member

I agree, they feel like they're not big enough.

I also wish someone would come out with an app that would light up these buttons as notification lights (since the phone has no notification LEDs) for email/sms/etc.

3. rocketragz

rocketragz Well-Known Member

Took a couple days to get used to them. App idea would be cool tho.

4. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

I completely agree about how great it would be if these lights could be used as notification lights. I, too, struggle w/ getting these buttons to respond. I don't understand it, because the touch screen itself is wonderful.

5. floepie

floepie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Playing with it further, I'm not so sure it can be corrected with software. These buttons just aren't as sensitive as the screen is. I can get them to register 100% of the time with a firmer push, so it may just be something peculiar to the hardware.

6. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

They time out too fast but I don't have any problem using them. Works fine for me.

7. rocketragz

rocketragz Well-Known Member

Its surprising there isnt a setting to adjust....

8. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

That would be nice.

9. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

I have problems with the menu button when I use the tip of my fingers, while it works just fine on the other 3 buttons. Now, when I use the fingerprint portion of my finger (dunno the exact name to call it, basically not the tip), it works fine.

10. kbohip

kbohip Well-Known Member

I would love an app that did this!

11. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Once you get used to the buttons you will love them! I played with a lot of IPhones that I adored before I got my phone. I liked the simple look of one button until I got used to having 4. Now I hate playing with Iphones b/c I only have one button to use for navigating around the phone. It's much simpler with 4 when you get used to it. I would like the lights to stay on them and that is annoying. But I know where they are now so it's getting easier to use in the dark.

12. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

The buttons do time out way too fast and heres to hoping for a software fix for that, but at least I have them memorized now. As for them not responding to touch, you have to tap them a bit agressively and they work quite well. Just touching them usually yields no results.

13. dissident75

dissident75 Well-Known Member

You do definitely get used to it. You will even get to know them by feel. I generally prefer hardware buttons but these work fine. Give it time.

14. jkl2000

jkl2000 Member

I'm having trouble with the buttons too, but I'm not sure it has to do with their sensitivity or lack thereof. To me it seems like there are times they will accept input and times they won't. Because sometimes one doesn't work for me, but if I tap somewhere else on the screen the buttons light up, and then a light tap on the button I want will work. It's like they're turned off at certain times depending on what's going on on the main screen. Sort of like it's trying to outguess me (maybe to avoid the user accidentally hitting one while in the middle of working with an app), but obviously failing.

15. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member

I took me about 20min of using them to get used to them but now I feel right at home using them no with no issues... I actually like them just how they are. true a longer backlight wold be nice but now I have it down to feel and dont even need to look down at the buttons at all.