just curious...what's next for Hero fans?

Last Updated:

1. jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i'm sure there have been a couple posts about this, but none popped up when i started this thread, so i'll go at it.

i totally love the Hero, but am waiting for the next 'thing.' if i was on vzw, i would have the Incredible. but for us Hero users who like dev, root, and being able to pocket our phones....what is next for us? i know that many Hero users have gone the way of Evo, but for me...A) it's too big B) there's not enough development yet - and after all the progress made with the Hero it would be very hard for me to give that up and go stock with Evo...or even running ROMs that are dev'd but not hot.

so yah...what are your thoughts on what we should do next or what is in store for ppl who like android development, customization, ROMs, and a phone that will fit in our pocket?

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

personally... I'm not even going to think about it until I'm eligible for upgrade. By then there will be new phone on the market that make the Evo look like old school stuff.

until then, I'll stick with my Hero. After all, Cyanogen did say he was gonna port 2.2 to the Hero :D

and yes, I think the Evo is a bit big.. so is the Epic.. unfortunately, it seems to be what people want and that just means more are going to be big or bigger. Soon we'll be carrying a tablet and talking into our bluetooth

3. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Next thing for this hero fan will be a froyo rom. Hopefully soon. If not, I can wait.

4. jeffreynothing43

dude, you crack me up the more i see your posts...i have made the same type of remark about carrying tablets to my evo buddies...they didn't think it was funny :p yah...i have an upgrade now, but i don't want to get the evo because there hasn't been enough done with it and frankly, i'm perfectly happy with my hero right now. i would love something with more power and better features, but having a custom set up that is dictated by none then i is pretty awesome. not to mention having things work near perfectly. i'd love to see that happen with another sprint/android device...maybe then i would upgrade.

5. mysticmead

Flipz is making Fresh Evo ROM' now so give it a little time and there will be some quality custom stuff available.. when I'm eligible in Feb, if there's a hot phone (from HTC cause Samsung sucks when it comes to supporting phones) out and rooted, I might think about it.. or just sit tight and wait

6. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

That made me laugh so hard.

jeffreynothing43 likes this.
  7. jeffreynothing43

hehe, thanks ^_^ it is kinda funny, but its something i thought about. i picked up the Evo and imagined it being split in half by a slew of Emo Hipster kids who's jeans are too tight, complaining to HTC for a new phone. granted, i wear looser fitting jeans, but after all those Emo kids complain, HTC is gonna stop replacing ppl's phones. then what am i gonna do? buy a belt clip?

8. mysticmead

naaa.. a belt clip will just cause yer pants to fall down.. get a padded shoulder bag.. you know.. like for a netbook

9. jeffreynothing43

hehe...awesome ^

"dudes check out my new phone!!"

soon we'll be back to carrying around a phone in a small bag/briefcase, like old school cells. only they'll be better cuz they can run flash from myspace n stuff.....

10. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

*dies*

Where's that damn laughing emoticon when you need it.

11. aceofspades626

aceofspades626 Well-Known Member

I wish we could get away from the huge screen trend, but Google didn't help us out any by putting a 3.5" screen requirement to run Gingerbread. And to make it worse, higher resolutions for 4" and above screens.
    You know the high end phones will be built to support those higher resolutions...

12. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Darch has a cyanogen port of froyo apparently working as a day to day rom. I have it downloaded, but need my phone to work tomorrow, so I am gonna wait till after work tom. and flash away..... I will post up when I see how it goes

13. kcmop8ntballa

kcmop8ntballa Member

Or you could get a satchel. Then you would look like Indiana Jones

14. Hero_Guy

Hero_Guy Well-Known Member

............. or joy behar lol

im sorry, i watched the hangover waaaay too many times lol

15. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Lol this is why fanny packs were created.