Just Did A Master Reset and a Strange Thing Happened..Support

Last Updated:

1. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

As usual everything went back to factory specs except for one thing. My RCP ring tones purchased off the market are still on the phone and listed among the OEM ringers. I checked the SD card and it shows no apps on the card. Also the RCP icon is not showing on the main app widget page. I checked the market and it shows the app purchased but not installed. I have done factory resets before and RCP is always gone and always needed to be re loaded before the ringer selections would show on the handset. Im not going to reload it since its showing in the ringer list anyway but somehow it stayed on the phone through a hard reset.

Advertisement
  2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Added Ringtones are on the SD card by default if I am not mistaken. I don't use RCP though. Maybe they changed something in preparation for 2.2 or they moved to the SD card by default in an update? Either way makes it easier to reset your phone up I would think.

3. I want my EVO

I want my EVO Well-Known Member

Thats not to odd. I use Zedge for my wall papers and Ringtones. After my Hard reset it still saw what i had downloaded.

I use Astro to view my SD card and scroll to the bottom ill find Zedge. From there it has everything i downloaded even though i never reinstalled the app after my reset.

Check your SD card again. Im sure the ringtones you downloaded are somewhere in there.

Most apps like that will save the info on the SD card rather then the phone.

4. jdugan26

jdugan26 Well-Known Member

That's normal bud, I've done this a few times already.

5. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

Hmmm OK thanks

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator