Just dropped my phone and cracked my screen.Support

Last Updated:

1. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I can't believe how easily the screen will crack. I was using my tablet posting here and was sitting down with the phone on my lap. I totally forgot my phone and when I stood up, it dropped! I thought my screen would be scratched. To my horror I see several spiderline cracks. It's a good thing I have TEP.

Does anyone know how to contact them so I can get my phone fixed? Not even a month and it's cracked. I hope they won't replace it with a refurbished unit.

Sent from my SGN 10.1

2. Alice Kaye

Alice Kaye Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to see that. I feel for you. :| Ugh.
  3. NYankee

NYankee Well-Known Member

Asurion's number is 888 881 2622
    Caloy likes this.
  4. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Bummer, that's the one bad thing about edge to edge glass.
  5. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

Damn, I get nightmares about this lol, hope its covered with some sort of insurance :)
  6. NYankee

NYankee Well-Known Member

should have had an otterbox or phone cover.
  7. srikat

srikat Well-Known Member

This is why one should have a solid protection for their phone like this.

Hope you get a good replacement soon.
  8. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Oh my! Keep us posted on the process. I hope you get a new phone in a reasonable amount of time.
  9. collett

collett Member

Oh, that stinks. Glad you've got coverage. Hope you you get your replacement soon.
  10. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Rxpert83 likes this.
  11. TheOtherBill

TheOtherBill Well-Known Member

Here's hoping that since they're so new there may not be many refurbs available yet.
    Caloy likes this.
  12. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Oh wow Cal....so sorry to see that happened to you.
    I thought you had your phone in a case???

Hope it gets replaced soon!!!!
  13. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

It's funny, I have 4 cases, but the one time it wasn't on a case I dropped it..... Okay maybe it wasn't that funny afterall. :/

From what I noticed from asurion is that they make things a little bit harder than it needs to be. I had to go to PhoneClaim.com - Sprint cell phones replaced fast! File a claim for your lost, stolen, or damaged phone file a claim, then download a pdf file (affidavit), which you cannot fill out using your computer/tablet or phone. Then you have to print it out, fill it out (hand written, and they ask that it should be legible), then I have to scan it, along with a photo ID (Driver's License), then you have to either upload, fax or mail it. I really hope they just simplify things. What if I don't have a scanner to upload my written affidavit or driver's license?

Well the hard part is hopefully over, now I have to wait via email on what needs to be done.

I'll post any updates here. And hopefully it goes smoothly. :)
  14. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

I filed a claim for a fam member a few months ago. I didn't have to do any of that.
  15. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I filed a claim on my evo 4g more than a year ago, and all I have to do was call. I did get a refurbished phone though.

Sent from my SGN 10.1
  16. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Exactly. Did something change because I didn't do paperwork and affidavits?
  17. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Looks like it. The funny thing not every thing is in real time. It's like playing a turn based video game, and with hours if not days in between moves.

Sent from my SGN 10.1
  18. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Clearly tonight is not my night. First my phone hit the floor, then Pacquiao hit the floor on the sixth.

Sent from my SGN 10.1
  19. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Something has to go right. Is your tablet in a case?
  20. SecretSexyNinja

SecretSexyNinja Well-Known Member

I couldn't believe that either! What a fight... holy crap. Pacquiao was really working him too.. broke his nose and everything.
  21. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Nope, it's connected to the dock on the picture. The two cases I bought for my tablet is for the galaxy tab 2 10.1 and wouldn't fit my note 10.1. Now my HTC Evo 4G might need to leave retirement as a bedside alarm clock when I mail my phone back.

Sent from my SGN 10.1
  22. chasers

chasers Well-Known Member

oh main going back to the HTC Evo 4G for me was like my parents putting me on punishment for the entire summer....SLOWWWWW! this phone barely holds a 5 hour charge. i completely forgotten why i upgraded from this phone until i switched back while waiting on my Note 2. hope your replacement ships fast!
  23. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

ugh, sorry for your loss, caloy :( i hope you get a new one soon!
    Caloy likes this.
  24. ren857

ren857 Well-Known Member

Thanks for ruining it for us who plan to watch it on hbo the following week. Lol
  25. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Hahaha :D
    Caloy likes this.