• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just emailed the developer of the MoreIconsWidget app about support for 4G toggle and FolderOrganize

cabbie

Android Expert
Mar 23, 2010
Using these two apps, you can really declutter your homescreens to make room for more widgets. MoreIconsWidget lets you place 4 icons in the space normally occupied by 1. Picture at the end will illustrate.

I've been hoping for a 4G system toggle (it has toggles built in like wifi, silent, airplane, etc) and also support for FolderOrganizer.

Its not possible for MIW to utilize widgets, but what I was wondering was whether FolderOrganizer could be supported. When you use FO to group apps together (like 'multimedia', 'contacts', 'system apps'), you add it to a homescreen by going into 'shortcuts', not 'widgets'. Hopefully this means that it could potentially support it. Basically when you click a 'folderorganizer label', it opens up a pop-up window that shows the apps you placed into it. Additionally, MIW is supported by the MyBackup backup/restore program which is nice for when you do a factory reset or flash a new ROM.

Highly recommend both of these apps. There are free versions and I believe the paid versions are both $1.99.

Screenshot of More Icons Widget:

2iho55i.png

chart

Screenshot of FolderOrganizer:

abhtso.png

chart

as you can see i have quite a few apps i use MIW for. On the EVO's 4.3" screen, the widgets are quite usable. I was able to be accurate even on my Hero's pitifully small screen. Also, you can't put system toggles on the app dock as far as I know. That is a huge draw of this app...tap, go to silent. Tap, activate bluetooth. Tap, activate wifi. Love it.

Upvote 0
he responded! He said he is working on finding a 4G toggle but couldn't find enough info on how to do it. I emailed him a third party apk that someone on XDA made that is a 4G toggle, hopefully that helps him out.

He is currently working on shortcut support and vertical widgets. In theory, since folderorganizer labels are shortcuts, it will work! Quite looking forward to this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones