Just finished installing cyanogen 6.0 and theres no market app, what do I do

Last Updated:

1. diowk

diowk Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed cyanogen 6.0 on my htc hero cdma and now I have no market app. I dont have any file manager like astro where I can install apk files through the sdcard. Ive tried using the adb push command from my pc but it says that it couldnt because its a read-only file system. (lost me there!) Is it possible to install it by flashing a zip of it from recovery like a rom. Im kind of stuck here, I have no way of installing new apps....

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Just a hunch, but did you flash the Google apps file? They have to bundle the apps seperately since its technically illegal to bundle the Google apps with custom ROMs.

3. diowk

NO! I didnt see any info about that. Thats what I need. Ill try to find it. thanks

4. diowk

okay I found it. thats what the problem was. thanks a lot mate! One more thing, (hopefully I dont need to post another thread) Im not a sprint customer but after installing cyanogen, my phone is saying sprint is my network. Should I be concerned

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

No, not really. Your phone is still using the same network as normal. Its just that certain ROM happens to be a ROM for the Sprint Hero. My Eris shows "TeamAndIRC" in the carrier info in KaosFroyo, even though I'm on Verizon. Heck, some ROM's for the Eris are directly ported from the Sprint Hero so they show Sprint.

I believe there is a way to change it though. Could be different for me though, since I'm using KaosFroyo.

6. michellelynn

michellelynn New Member

Also having the same problem, but how/where do I flash the google apps file? I'm not familiar with this technical stuff yet.

7. tennispro4ever

tennispro4ever Well-Known Member

I have the same problem also. I was on fresh 3.3 which included everything that I had before, then I flashed Cyanogen mod rom 6 without wiping my data (and yes everything works hunky dorie) just don't have my android market. where can I get the google files that are all grouped together.

8. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

I don't have a link, but check the thread 'setting up CM6'. I believe there's a link to gapps in there.

9. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

10. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

You need to put the .zip file on your sd card, then boot your phone into recovery, do a nandroid backup, then wipe dalvik cache, then flash the gapps .zip, kind of like when you flash a rom;)

11. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

If you have an Evo, you will need the HDPI gapps