Just flash my htc evo 4g to boost mobile but

1. dahookup29

dahookup29 Active Member

When I try to make a phone call it says my account can't be validated but the internet on the phone works, so what could be the problem? Do I need to call boost mobile?

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

3. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

You need to add minutes/ make a payment. My phone is on Boost and that message means you are out of minutes.
    ocnbrze and Mikestony like this.
  4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

o.k...it's time for me to ask this since I see so many people doing it or have done it and apparently it's popular enough.
    Why? :confused: Why flash to boost? :confused: What is the advantage? Isn't boost another carrier? Like verizon/sprint/att/cricket/tmobile are carriers?
    I must be missing something because I've wondered this every time I see a post about it.
    I dont mean to derail this thread so if you would like to p.m. me the answer that's all good.:p
    ocnbrze likes this.
  5. tube517

Boost is a prepaid carrier, owned by Sprint. I don't want a contract and gigantic bill. This was the best option for me, as I did not want to buy another phone for budget reasons.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  6. Mikestony

I think I gotcha, so when my contract is up with sprint, I can flash my Evo to boost and just buy minutes each month?
  7. tube517

Yep. My advice though is to shop around. If you want to keep and use your EVO, it can be flashed to Boost, Cricket, Straight Talk, or Metro PCS, from what I've read.

If you want to buy a new phone, Virgin Mobile (also owned by Sprint) has the HTC EVO V 4g ($299) or the HTC EVO One V ($199). Boost has the EVO Design 4G ($299)
    Mikestony likes this.
  8. xmjrx

xmjrx New Member

I have same situation but don't know to flash and or root to criket with me 4g evo orifinly a sprint device but can't do anything since my phone is off no service but do have good working criket phone and want to flash over to use evo now. What steps or need to do to evo to be my running phone now? Thanks
  9. ocnbrze

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!
    here you go:
    How to FULL flash to Cricket using Jiminy rom (Full Instructions) - xda-developers
  10. MnMsinclair

MnMsinclair New Member

I just joined this forum to get more info on this.
    My Spring contract ended 3 months ago and since my husband only uses his work phone (we had a family plan) it is pointless for me to pay $90/month when I can just switch to Boost.
    So I have the Htc Evo, my first question being, when switching to Boost, do I need to buy a cheap Boost phone, or do I need to buy a smartphone? And do I just get the $50 monthly unlimited plan or do I need to get an add on for having a smartphone?
    I apologize, i have never had a prepaid phone and have no idea what I am doing
  11. Mikestony

Good Afternoon and Welcome to AF!:D
    I believe you will find this guide helpful as I know very little about flashing the Evo to another carrier

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/460035-evo-4g-boost-mobile-guide-evo-3d.html

Here is a post from that thread with some donor phone options...this post is towards the end of that forum
    http://androidforums.com/5045099-post443.html
    ocnbrze likes this.
  12. ocnbrze

and to answer your question....yes you will need a donor phone i think a rant or icognito should work.
    Mikestony likes this.
  13. AceKing721

AceKing721 Member

Ok, I have a phone that was flashed over to Boost. I did not do it. Is there a way to flash it back to Sprint? The phone has the original sticker under the battery, with the original numbers, if that helps at all.
  14. Mikestony

Yes, see this post:
    http://androidforums.com/5170196-post12.html