Just Flashed a ROM wirelessly... The Hero is my new bestfriend

Last Updated:

1. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK so I'm at work yesturday and I was trying to install a new ROM (ZenHeroFX 2.2), went to XDA's site under the Hero's forum and saw the zip, but my companies computer blocks access to sites like megaupload. I was pissed and didn't want to have to wait til I got home to put on this bad boy...

So I looked over at my Hero and thought I wonder if I can access the megaupload site and DOWNLOAD THIS 117mb FILE... all through my phone. So it was a slow day I thought I should go ahead and try. Went to the site via my Hero and accessed the megaupload site. Thanks to Flash on my Hero I was able to even see the numbers tick down from 48. So the button was now shown ready for me to download. And sure enough it proceeded downloading the big file.

No more than 25 minutes later over Sprint's 3G, the download was complete. Didn't even both searching my SD card for the file, I immediately went into recovery. The file was a bit hard to fine at first but I found it in one my download folders, hit the file and installed it. after about 5 minutes of it rebooting, my Hero has successfully installed the ROM... no computer, no USB's... wireless.

Advertisement
  2. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

Check out an app called ROM Manager in the market. It doesn't access every ROM out there, but the ones it does, with a single click you can download, backup, wipe, flash, and reboot into your new ROM.

3. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yea I think I had that with the RC1 ROM, didnt play around with it too much though

4. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

This is how I do all the roms, including the nightlies for froyo. It's much easier I think since it downloads directly to the sd card