• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just found the Best PDF reader on the Droid!!!!!

So close, and yet so far...

Adobe's PDF Reader has the superior interface (it doesn't bounce around the way Beamreader does when scrolling a zoomed document, it doesn't reflow PDF objects and it has support for multi-touch zoom) and is much quicker at loading pages.

Beamreader functions better in text mode, but only marginally. There doesn't appear to be a way to continuously scroll between adjoining pages.

If PDF Reader had Beamreader's bookmark facility, it would be perfect.

I'm torn between a PDF reader that allows me to remember the last place I was up to, or one that doesn't annoy me when reading PDFs :/

Upvote 0
Haven't tried quick office.. it doesn't come with captivate.. but I've been looking for something like beamreader. I have quite a few books in PDF format and It's nice to be able to use the bookmarks and return to the page I was last reading! I wish there was a program that let me read all the formats this way -- i have a lot of mobi books, ereader book, and now kindle ..
Thanks for the Tip.

Upvote 0
Is there any pdf reader that lets me make entries to fields within a pdf document. I have running log, created by the marathon I am training for, which is a pdf document. On the pc, fields are able to be entered to, for the the actual training completed on the day etc..

the adobe reader isnt displaying the user entry fields,thanks

Upvote 0
Is there any pdf reader that lets me make entries to fields within a pdf document. I have running log, created by the marathon I am training for, which is a pdf document. On the pc, fields are able to be entered to, for the the actual training completed on the day etc..

the adobe reader isnt displaying the user entry fields,thanks

You could try Fill and Sign PDF Forms - Android

Harry

Upvote 0
Hi - I have read about the various pdf reader choices, and a few are good for me. However, I cannot find an essential feature in any of them. I like to have several pdfs open at the same time and switch between them (like tabbed browsing). Although this is common in MS Windows, it also appears in iOS, so it may not be a limitation of Honeycomb either (happy to be shown wrong about this). Does anyone know of tabbed pdf reading?
Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi - I have read about the various pdf reader choices, and a few are good for me. However, I cannot find an essential feature in any of them. I like to have several pdfs open at the same time and switch between them (like tabbed browsing). Although this is common in MS Windows, it also appears in iOS, so it may not be a limitation of Honeycomb either (happy to be shown wrong about this). Does anyone know of tabbed pdf reading?
Thanks.

The thread is old ;)

In the meantime I found an other good reader for me, Mantano Reader
Very good for PDF eBooks :)

It has no tabs but a nice library screen with the last read books with its cover pictures.
You reading in a book and when you hit Back button you'll come to this library screen and you can change to an other book, to your last read page.

So it's only one tip more than using tabs :)

Harry

Upvote 0
Free PDF Readers are the biggest disappointment about Android that I've seen. :mad:

You shouldn't have to pay for a buggy, partial implementation of a global document standard (as with BeamReader). PDF is more than a page to read - it has links, indexes, audio and video. So where are they on Android? On ezPDF, that's where... but you gotta pay.

I've tested about 15 PDF readers and become convinced that there were no free PDF readers that support bookmark and hyperlink links within a document. qPDF is the only free one that does. And it's pretty fast, but avoid scrolling too much! I've tested all the major free names (Adobe, BeamReader (not really free), Aldiko, PDF Viewer, Cool Reader, Office Suite, Bluefire, AReader), and paid for ezPDF. I can't believe so many products have so little functionality. What a gaping hole in technology! Thanks Qoppa! now you just gotta support embedded audio and video and you can be like a normal free PDF viewer for Windows.

Upvote 0
This is what I found on BeamReader Free:

View PDF files and e-mail attachments in their desktop quality.Features:
* Fast full fidelity rendering
* Intuitive granular zoom/navigation
* Text wrap view
* Multi-touch/Pinch-to-zoom
* Encrypted/password protected PDFs
* Text search