Just found the default internet radio app and loving it, but I have a question

1. The Smasher

The Smasher Member

I am very conscientious about what permissions my apps have, as well as what information providers of the apps have access to. My question is how can I see what information the stations I access receive? I couldn't really find anything about the app online, and I really would like to figure this out before I use it anymore.

Advertisement
  2. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the permission for the app? If not, you can see them under menu> settings> applications> manageapps> select the app and view the permissions. You will have to email the developer to see why they need the permissions.
    The Smasher likes this.
  3. The Smasher

The Smasher Member

I took your advice and looked at the permissions, and most of them I don't have a problem with. Unfortunately, I don't know who the developer is, it was on my phone when I got it new. Is there any way for me to find out who made the app if it came with the phone? Or if any of the stations that I listen to are receiving information from my phone?
  4. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Do a Google search and see what comes up. Also, you can try and see if the app is part of your downloaded/myapps list in the Google Play store.
  5. The Smasher

The Smasher Member

Sorry for the long time to reply. I tried to find some information about it, but it isn't on my downloads list, and the app doesn't have any real information, it is just titled music. Whenever I find a site that mentions the app, it just talks about the part of the app that plays internal music.