Just got a Bracketron.Accessories

Last Updated:

1. k.electron

k.electron Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I've never liked those bulky, universal mounts at all. What I did was took an old iPhone mount I had (which used to fit my Samsung Omnia) and melted the two top corners and just stretched it out to fit the Incredible (it's a lot easier than it sounds, just warm the plastic with a lighter and pull until it fits. If the plastic breaks, melt the two ends and press them back together and repeat.) When mounted, I can barely see the mount itself, and it actually came out really well.

3. TaylorPelletier

TaylorPelletier Active Member

pics/possibly a link to the mount you modded?

4. k.electron

well i saw a video on youtube, and its not that bulky.

YouTube - Bracketron Gripit for Mobile Electronics (iphone 3G

it fits a plethora of devices in almost all cars, u can get the windshield mount or the cupholder mount.

and all of those are super cheap,,.. hell this is < $5. it feels good to see a good and working product being affordable.

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I'll take 'em today after work. :)

TaylorPelletier likes this.
  6. coolguy949

coolguy949 Well-Known Member

Wow thank God i got this for free at Radio Shack with my $20 off Evo credit. It's only $4.50 on amazon. Crazy. It was $19.99 at RS.

7. k.electron

radioshack and BestBuy are like the biggest thieves in the accessory market. i just cant stand them selling their cheapest hdmi cables at $30 and male-male audio cables at $15.

8. coolguy949

coolguy949 Well-Known Member

I do like the Bracketron a lot. It works well with Google Nav (the reason I got it) and seems to be good quality. I don't think I would have felt bad paying $19.99 though. Amazon has an incredible price though.

9. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

I've had the Brackertron window mount for sometime now, used it fro around a year on my Omnia, but i'm afraid the Inc won't function properly in the window mount as there is no ground, so the screen becomes unresponsive.

Verizon are sending me a New Retail Phone ASAP, and until then they sent me out a Refurb... Exact same problem with the refurb, again, when no ground no screen...

I'm hoping the new retail phone doesn't have this issue.

I wonder why some phones do this and some don't Anyways, can you tell me if your phone does this? and whether or not it works in this Brackertron as its not mounted on the window, as if its not mounted on the windscreen, I guess it has ground...

Thanks

10. DataSchmuck

DataSchmuck Active Member

I've been using the window mount version for about 3 weeks now with my Incredible.
    The only problem is the left side holder. It's adjustable, but no matter what, it will either block the USB port, or press up against the volume rocker.

The trick is to flip it upsideown. The bottom tabs will be at the top, and if you put the phone up against them, and adjust them so they don't block the headset and power button, you can adjust the left side holder to a position that doesn't block or press anything. You won't have the bottom tabs, but that's ok because the side holders are very snug and hold the phone in place no problem. My phone has never fallen out once.

And as long as you have usb or headset plugged in, the ground/screen responsiveness problem should be non existent.

I'd take a picture, but I just installed the M2 mount because it was only 10 bucks and I wanted something quicker and more low profile. If it falls apart or un-sticks, I will be perfectly happy going back to the bracketron.

11. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Well-Known Member

Just plug a car charger into it. Youll most likely need it if your using your phone as a navigator

12. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

very true, thanks guys