Just got a Droid *Touch*!!!! :D :D

Last Updated:

1. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone, I've been lurking and reading around here for a few weeks lately. It seems to me like everyone is getting a droid and for good reason!! They are AMAZING!!!!

Anyway, I just want to thank everyone for their great support so far (even though you never knew I was here ;) ) and keep it up!! I have an interesting situation so maybe you guys can help me discover what to call it lol!

I just bought a droid yesterday. Turns out the ESN is blocked *sigh* but I got it ridiculously cheap so that's fine with me. I was planning on parting it out but thought "Hey, this thing is pretty cool!!" Anyway, I have an ipod touch as well and I got a new plan in my head. I'm going to sell my ipod and replace it with the Droid!! Thus, I would have a "Droid Touch" or whatever you guys would call it. I won't use it for phone and that's fine (I'm not fond of $30/month data charges) so I can use it for everything else, woot!!

What would you call a droid in that state? Would it be a Droid Touch (sorry for incorporating Apple's HORRIBLE product in the name :( ) or do you all have a special name for people with this situation? If so, please share! :D And maybe we can work to develop a larger community of us "Droid Solo" users (sound sooo much better already) and get a subsection to this forum sometime soon? I have quite the arrangement of questions that I have NO idea where they would go in a normal forum section (such as Google Voice use, etc.) because I can't use the PHONE part.

Anyway, that's my intro and thanks again for all the knowledge thus far!! GO DROIDS!!!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Sorry about your blocked phone. Welcome to Android Forums!

3. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Meh, crap happens you know? I'm just happy there's still a use for this bad boy!! :D

P.S. Which cases would everyone suggest? I'm looking into the Body Glove, but it can't be used on a dock because it blocks the magnets. Do they all do that or are there some that still allow the magnets to be used as normal?