Just got a new SII, What should I do & not do?!General

1. ma2hewyu2b

ma2hewyu2b Member

Wsup guys, some of you may remember previously I was having issues with my second SII, yes this is my third.
    I went through insurance and paid $100 for a new one. It came in today
    Here's the original thread:androidforums.com/samsung-epic-4g-touch/636207-devastated-need-help-my-galaxy-sii.html#post5109423

Anyways..
    Was wondering if some of you guys could shoot me some advice about this phone on possible programs? Gingerbread? Rooting? About this phone
    I have no idea what any of that is as I'm a phone newb.
    I just want to better my experience with this phone as it's fresh
    Any applications, programs, rooting that you may suggest is greatly appreciated.
    Also the phone wants to update the hardware, but I've kept declining and wanted to hear your opinion on this update. It is "F127 Software Update"
    Should I allow the update?

Btw I have a Galaxy SII white from SPRINT.....
    Thanks once again.

Advertisement
  2. beledi

beledi Well-Known Member

I am having no problems with the F127 update and I do think my battery life is better. Have had the update for about a week and a half.
  3. ma2hewyu2b

ma2hewyu2b Member

Thanks.
    Anyone else? What's all the buzz about gingerbread? Or rooting
  4. john_ralph

john_ralph Well-Known Member

Rooting is good if you like to do that sort of thing. I did it with my previous android phone so it would function at a basic level. I have not (yet) with this phone, I think it works great without it.

Try out Apex launcher (or Nova). That is a great place to start.
  5. ma2hewyu2b

ma2hewyu2b Member

What about gingerbread
  6. Netcat

Netcat Well-Known Member

GB is Android 2.3.6, ICS is Android 4.0.4. F127(actually FI27) is the latest Sprint ICS update. If you have GB and everything seems okay, don't root, don't update to ICS, do install GO launcher! If you have ICS and everything is okay, look up to the sky and say THANK YOU!
  7. ma2hewyu2b

ma2hewyu2b Member

Well.. This is my third one with software issues.. Hopefully none this time