• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got a new tab from Att, bad out of the box.

richmatthews76

Nov 23, 2013
Montana
So, I call tech support got it the 24th. They where no help at all,they said call the manufacture!!! The screen just turns into a big pixelated mess. Then if I want to return it they want me to pay return shipping which in my case will be about $30.00 and mentioned a restocking fee another 35.00. Says they can't warranty it till I am over Fourteen days. When I inquired about just getting something else they said they had nothing to offer. Am I getting scr??wed here or what? And is there service always this bad? I kept very calm and did not argue but I am just more shocked at service this horrible? What do I do next?? Ideas??:thinking::thinking::eek:

Here is AT&T's return policy.

However, since you are returning/exchanging a defective product that should be covered under federal consumer law. Basically the merchant, by providing a defective product has violated his sales contract with the consumer (unless you were deliberately buying defective products ... for parts as an example). They must replace it or refund your money. Unfortunately shipping may not be part of the equation and they are within their rights to require return of the defective product before issuing the refund.

My guess is that 1st tier support is required to say that about the restocking fee in the event that the product was not defective, but simply returned. If it is a stocking AT&T device, you might try taking it to a retail store and seeing if they can exchange it for you even though you bought it online.

Tip: Don't go in with a chip on your shoulder. Be nice, contrite and explain the situation to them like you are asking for a favor (because you are). You might be surprised how far "nice" gets you in the retail world. :)

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0
Here is AT&T's return policy.

However, since you are returning/exchanging a defective product that should be covered under federal consumer law. Basically the merchant, by providing a defective product has violated his sales contract with the consumer (unless you were deliberately buying defective products ... for parts as an example). They must replace it or refund your money. Unfortunately shipping may not be part of the equation and they are within their rights to require return of the defective product before issuing the refund.

My guess is that 1st tier support is required to say that about the restocking fee in the event that the product was not defective, but simply returned. If it is a stocking AT&T device, you might try taking it to a retail store and seeing if they can exchange it for you even though you bought it online.

Tip: Don't go in with a chip on your shoulder. Be nice, contrite and explain the situation to them like you are asking for a favor (because you are). You might be surprised how far "nice" gets you in the retail world. :)

Amen you are right there.I was a IT manager for years

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones