Just got a nexus one :)Support

Last Updated:

1. thehitmen

thehitmen Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys.

Quick Story: I had a HTC Legend, and i had a number of problems, so after some arse kicking by me, i got the Nexus one for

Advertisement
  2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

go to settings then to accounts & sync and make sure your Facebook account is listed, if not click add account and follow the directions.

3. ragingyeti

ragingyeti Well-Known Member

You can also just open up the facebook app for the first time, and it should ask you if you want to do #s 1 and 2.

I'm fine with the volume on my phone so I haven't looked into it, but I imagine there is some way to do it with rooting.

No one knows the official release date for 2.2 yet. You can be sure as soon as it does come about, these forums will be flooded with people talking about it.
    If your interested in manually applying the leaked version, there is plenty of info on these forums.

4. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

With the legend i am am awhere of the Sence UI ? i liked how facebook contacts synced to my phone and when i rang i saw there display pictures, does the Nexus one do this?

1. Open the Facebook for Android app.
    2. On the main menu, click your phone's settings/menu button, then click "Settings"
    3. Scroll down... "Sync Contacts"

SMS, is there a similar app to the legend, where you see threaded messages with a picture of there facebook dp?

I recommend ChompSMS or Pure Messenger Widget.

i can't hear the phone when it rings, its so quiet, the volume is on max, is there anyway to increase this?

If your phone's ringer is turned all the way up, and you still can't hear it, get a new ringtone.

5. ragingyeti

ragingyeti Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention that the stock messenger app in FroYo displays the contact photo (facebook photo if you have it sync). I forgot that 2.1 doesn't do this...yet.

6. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

Indeed.

I misread, but ragingyeti is correct.

7. crabman

crabman Well-Known Member

SMS popup is good, works with the stock messaging. Handcent is decent and the one I am using now. 3.0 added quite a few goodies for those that haven't checked it out recently. That would be my advice to the op, all of the apps mentioned so far are worth a peek and all have some advantages, check em out and see which one suits you. Make sure you fiddle all the settings with each as you test drive em and dont forget to turn off notifications in the stock messaging app or you will get two.

8. CirkDroid

CirkDroid Well-Known Member

Launcher Pro.

Make note that you can customize the toolbar links on the bottom by long pressing them.

So far it's the best thing I've ever downloaded off the market. Well, second only to snesoid.