• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just got a nexus one :)

You can also just open up the facebook app for the first time, and it should ask you if you want to do #s 1 and 2.

I'm fine with the volume on my phone so I haven't looked into it, but I imagine there is some way to do it with rooting.

No one knows the official release date for 2.2 yet. You can be sure as soon as it does come about, these forums will be flooded with people talking about it.
If your interested in manually applying the leaked version, there is plenty of info on these forums.

Upvote 0
With the legend i am am awhere of the Sence UI ? i liked how facebook contacts synced to my phone and when i rang i saw there display pictures, does the Nexus one do this?

1. Open the Facebook for Android app.
2. On the main menu, click your phone's settings/menu button, then click "Settings"
3. Scroll down... "Sync Contacts"

SMS, is there a similar app to the legend, where you see threaded messages with a picture of there facebook dp?

I recommend ChompSMS or Pure Messenger Widget.

i can't hear the phone when it rings, its so quiet, the volume is on max, is there anyway to increase this?

If your phone's ringer is turned all the way up, and you still can't hear it, get a new ringtone.

Upvote 0
SMS popup is good, works with the stock messaging. Handcent is decent and the one I am using now. 3.0 added quite a few goodies for those that haven't checked it out recently. That would be my advice to the op, all of the apps mentioned so far are worth a peek and all have some advantages, check em out and see which one suits you. Make sure you fiddle all the settings with each as you test drive em and dont forget to turn off notifications in the stock messaging app or you will get two.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones