• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help just got an inspire and have a few questions

AmishFury

Jun 20, 2011
first... when i'm on wifi my mobile data icon in the statusbar never goes away the up/down arrows turn into a checkmark is this normal? i'm used to every other android device i've used having the icon for mobile data vanish when connected to wifi

also is there any way to remove the carrier name from the left side of the status bar? it's pointless and takes up space

first... when i'm on wifi my mobile data icon in the statusbar never goes away the up/down arrows turn into a checkmark is this normal? i'm used to every other android device i've used having the icon for mobile data vanish when connected to wifi

also is there any way to remove the carrier name from the left side of the status bar? it's pointless and takes up space

It's been quite a while since I've run the stock ROM on my Inspire so I'm going off of memory so forgive me if my response isn't 100% accurate.

First question, yes, that is normal for the data icon to have a checkmark when connected to wifi. It indicates that the mobile network is available but not actually in use. And with the stock ROM it doesn't go away when connected to wifi.

As for the carrier name on the status bar, I can't remember if there was a way to get rid of that on the stock ROM. IIRC, it goes away when there is a notification. I can't remember if it reappears when the notification is cleared. I was running an app that had a persistent notification so the carrier name never appeared.

If you're interested in rooting the device, most custom ROMs have both of these things removed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones