just got behold 2 in the mail from the BE A WINNER SWEEPSTAKES :D

1. emeryfan1988

emeryfan1988 Member

I see the behold 2 as some serious potential. it could be a really great phone once we get full root and recovery on this phone. It has more ram than any other android device to date. Which means no swap. which means that we can run a sense UI very well if we wished, or just a vanilla 2.0 when it hits. The biggest issue is whether the development is going to be as big as the g1/or mytouch. Probably not, but time will tell! and like everyone else has said! ITS FREE! has anyone came across the ODIN files? or tried to flash the Galaxy ODIN files?? i cant wait to get this phone in my hands so i can finally help the others start to figure out this root situation!
  2. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Well I won mine on the 7th @ 10am and I'm still waiting on it. I've watched every damn review there is on the interwebs and I can't wait to get this bad boy. I have the original Behold but it's so blah in comparison to the new one. I even find myself trying to pane thru the home screen as if it has more than one.

I know, sad right.
  3. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Hmm... I wonder if you can flash android onto the original behold... Ah there is something to consider if possible. wait the original is touch screen right?
  4. shawn1224

Yea it's touchscreen but that's a big negative. The 1st Behold is locked down tighter than Fort Knox. Numerous people have bricked there phones just trying to flash the Tocco's firmware onto the Behold and they're fairly similar in build.

God I hate feature phones.
  5. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Damn I bet there is a way though.
  6. adien666

adien666 Well-Known Member

YEAH!!! I JUST WON!!! adien666 at the 5pm slot!! :D cant wait for it!! thats gonna suck:(
  7. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Congrats but yeah don't really expect it here before christmas.
  8. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Why not just call tmobile?
  9. shawn1224

Man if someone knows how to break the Behold I'm all ears. I might just keep it as a second phone but if not, I plan on putting it on Craigslist.
  10. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Im a give it a try after I figure out how to put Android 2.0.1 on behold 2 but also I gotta get an original behold to figure out if I can place android on it. Then I am going to get my htc tilt's screen fixed then flash android on that too.
  11. Blazin4QB

Blazin4QB Active Member

I do that for everything i expect to have.....it just increases anticipation!!!!:D
  12. Blazin4QB

Blazin4QB Active Member

WOW i saw your name and was MAD they let someone win with 666 in their name:D.....not hating i just thought it was funny when i saw......how long have been playing? how frequently? im trying to win now been trying since tuesday:rolleyes:
  13. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

What if the original behold gets Android on it would it be better than behold 2? or just about the same?
  14. Blazin4QB

Blazin4QB Active Member

good luck with the tv tonight also!!!;)
  15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Not going to happen, likely not even possible. The original wasn't really a smartphone, and this one tries its best not to be despite having android.
  16. shawn1224

Yea I don't think it's possible at all. Every attempt I've seen so far has led to someone bricking their phone. The most they ever gave us in terms of an update was an upgrade to 3D icons.

I would love to see it happen but I highly doubt it.
  17. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess oh well no Android for Behold 1
  18. Blazin4QB

Blazin4QB Active Member

if i dont win and someone is willing to sell theirs PM me
  19. adien666

adien666 Well-Known Member

LOL thanks! been playing for 2 weeks! like 16 tries a day! and no i didnt wint the T.V. :(
  20. kingdeeray

kingdeeray Well-Known Member

I been playing for 3-4 days straight 24 hours a day. I've had family members in different parts of the usa enter me in when I am asleep. I made sure this was ok with the support team before I started. Still havn't won yet =[
  21. Blazin4QB

Blazin4QB Active Member

you have officially motivated me to play without giving up ;)THANK!!! 2 Weeks sounds like a long time and you deserve it:cool:
  22. Blazin4QB

Blazin4QB Active Member

good luck with winning im trying as much possible also
  23. derrickps3

derrickps3 Well-Known Member

keep trying, you never know
  24. Blazin4QB

Blazin4QB Active Member

i have seen you all over the internet talking about your win;)......i know you were excited and i hope to feel the same.......hopefully i get that TV also which would make it worth it:D
  25. ggrant3876

ggrant3876 Well-Known Member

I entered every waking hour from the day it started until I won at 6:00 AM, 11 December. I think if someboby was technical enough they could write a program or a batch file that would click the link at a certain time every hour.