Just got droid. Few questions

Last Updated:

1. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I have a few questions about the droid. I just got it a few days ago from verizon in the mail. They replaced my Eris with the Droid which i was really happy about. Ok so a few things my droid came with 2.2 straight out of the box. Ive been seeing that there is 2 updates for 2.2? How do I tell if I am on the 2nd update or the 1st one?

Advertisement
  2. GarnetHaze

GarnetHaze Member

Go to settings; select About Phone at the bottom of the options; check Build Number at the bottom which will be FRG22D if it's the second update

3. lilbballer27

It says FRG01B so i take it thats the first one?

4. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

Yep...that's the first one. So, you can either wait for #2 OTA....or just root and enjoy all the great benefits today! :) Welcome to the droid!

5. lilbballer27

Thanks and I want to root but I saw that there is like 40 steps!!! lol like is it really that hard to root this phone? I rooted my eris is in like 5 minutes. :cool:

6. slider5634

slider5634 Well-Known Member

Nah... It takes virtually no time to root. It just looks a lot harder than it is. Also, thanks to rsdlite and factory restore files, it's virtually impossible to brick this phone.

7. lilbballer27

Well I think I may need some help anyways. I know its laid out by steps but I still feel that I would do it wrong some how.

8. TheBeachBoy

TheBeachBoy Well-Known Member

That's how I felt when I rooted mine last January, but I researched everything to make sure it was something I wanted, followed each step carefully, reading each step at least twice to make sure it was right, and it took me 10 minutes to actually root. I would do it all over again. The worst part is the "what-ifs" that you think about, but it's like a band-aid, it seems like it will hurt worse than it actually does.

9. lilbballer27

Yea i rooted my Eris no problem and I def want to root my Droid and get it overclocked to 1 ghz lol I want speed! :)