• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just got Froyo (2.2) on Incredible & somethin's missing! // no flash in froyo on HTC incrcredible

Just got my Froyo update today. After reviewing the changes vs various web articles and videos online about the changes, I am apparently missing some things...

Examples:

I didn't get Adobe Flash Player 10.1 and I can't find it in the market to D/L.
My Camera does not have the new features.

Anyone else have this issue?
:thinking:

Yeah, I also got the OTA update and I dont see Adobe Flash 10.1 on the market. I also dont really know what else is in this update. I dont really see anything different?

Here are diffs that I've seen (still playing around so there may be more):

1. Camera - rotates 360 degrees and the tools on the screen rotate with it. App loads faster as well.
2. Video - can now use the LED to shoot in low light; can record in 720P.
3. Browser - can rotate [hone to the right for landscape.
4. Flashlight App - for those who wanted a flashlight app that used the camera LED instead of the screen, one comes with Froyo.
5. Better 3G (sucked on 2.1) and call quality.
7. As I understand it bluetooth dialing is an added feature. I tried it out and it works pretty well.
8. Can choose to use a PIN or password in addition to pattern to unlock phone.
9. Can save apps to SD card (if app allows this).
10. Mobile Hotspot - I believe VZW charges for it though.

I haven't noticed any change in battery life though. It's great that it hasn't gotten worse but I'm a little disappointed that there is no improvement. Some have reported an improvement after a hard reset. I don't think I can deal with yet another reset right now.

Reactions: smalld
Upvote 0
Here are diffs that I've seen (still playing around so there may be more):

1. Camera - rotates 360 degrees and the tools on the screen rotate with it. App loads faster as well.
2. Video - can now use the LED to shoot in low light; can record in 720P.
3. Browser - can rotate [hone to the right for landscape.
4. Flashlight App - for those who wanted a flashlight app that used the camera LED instead of the screen, one comes with Froyo.
5. Better 3G (sucked on 2.1) and call quality.
7. As I understand it bluetooth dialing is an added feature. I tried it out and it works pretty well.
8. Can choose to use a PIN or password in addition to pattern to unlock phone.
9. Can save apps to SD card (if app allows this).
10. Mobile Hotspot - I believe VZW charges for it though.

I haven't noticed any change in battery life though. It's great that it hasn't gotten worse but I'm a little disappointed that there is no improvement. Some have reported an improvement after a hard reset. I don't think I can deal with yet another reset right now.

Thanks for posting this! Never knew some of the changes that you listed above. Overall 2.2 seems to be working fine. I did notice last night that my phone look a bit longer to charge and I cannot kill apps. Have not noticed a change in battery life tho still seems the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones