Just got Froyo (2.2) on Incredible & somethin's missing! // no flash in froyo on HTC incrcredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. PMG

PMG Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my Froyo update today. After reviewing the changes vs various web articles and videos online about the changes, I am apparently missing some things...

Examples:

I didn't get Adobe Flash Player 10.1 and I can't find it in the market to D/L.
    My Camera does not have the new features.

Anyone else have this issue?
    :confused:

Advertisement
  2. LJDonkWell

LJDonkWell Member

Yeah, I also got the OTA update and I dont see Adobe Flash 10.1 on the market. I also dont really know what else is in this update. I dont really see anything different?

3. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

I just did search on AppBrain and Adobe Flash 10.1 is on there and since AppBrain is synced with my phone, it is saying that Flash is installed on my phone.

4. R0llTide

R0llTide Well-Known Member

Flash 10.1 comes with Froyo. If you go to Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications you should see it there. I'm not sure what's up with your camera. Some have had to do hard resets in order to get Froyo fully functioning.

5. R0llTide

R0llTide Well-Known Member

Here are diffs that I've seen (still playing around so there may be more):

1. Camera - rotates 360 degrees and the tools on the screen rotate with it. App loads faster as well.
    2. Video - can now use the LED to shoot in low light; can record in 720P.
    3. Browser - can rotate [hone to the right for landscape.
    4. Flashlight App - for those who wanted a flashlight app that used the camera LED instead of the screen, one comes with Froyo.
    5. Better 3G (sucked on 2.1) and call quality.
    7. As I understand it bluetooth dialing is an added feature. I tried it out and it works pretty well.
    8. Can choose to use a PIN or password in addition to pattern to unlock phone.
    9. Can save apps to SD card (if app allows this).
    10. Mobile Hotspot - I believe VZW charges for it though.

I haven't noticed any change in battery life though. It's great that it hasn't gotten worse but I'm a little disappointed that there is no improvement. Some have reported an improvement after a hard reset. I don't think I can deal with yet another reset right now.

smalld likes this.
  6. smalld

smalld Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this! Never knew some of the changes that you listed above. Overall 2.2 seems to be working fine. I did notice last night that my phone look a bit longer to charge and I cannot kill apps. Have not noticed a change in battery life tho still seems the same.

7. umikun

umikun Banned

download adobe flash player 10.1 here