just got handcent.. need some help

Last Updated:

1. John Connor

John Connor Active Member This Topic's Starter

so 2 days ago i decided to try handcent and was immediately blown away from the features and ways to customize... makes me wonder why the droid didnt come stock with it in the firstplace!!!!...

but today when i tried adding a contact i kept receiving messages from that contact only as the number... it wont show his name at the top... any reason why its doing this?...

i tried different ways to save the contact and text my friend but it will only show his number and not his name

Advertisement
  2. dmm

dmm Member

I've had that happen with the stock messaging app a couple of times. Try rebooting your phone

3. John Connor

John Connor Active Member This Topic's Starter

sorry im kind of a noob.. how would i reboot it?....

weird thing is i pulled up the stock messaging app and it shows im receiving messages from my friend but it does show his name.. handcent just shows the number at the top...

i was really starting to fall inlove with this app a :(

4. dmm

dmm Member

Shut the phone down and turn it back on. If that doesn't work i'd try uninstalling and then re-installing handcent

5. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

i dont think he knows how to reboot the phone

@op
    plug your phone into ac power. hold down the power button (button on the top of droid) for a second. select power off.

your phone will now shut off and reboot (keep in mind any unsaved data will be lost)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

Or hold down the power until the popup menu comes up. Select shut off. Once the screen goes blank, hit the power button for a couple seconds and it reboots.

7. al911er

al911er Active Member

In the Handcent settings, under "bubble Settings" make sure "show names" is checked.

8. mrselvis

mrselvis New Member

Hi, I've also got this problem.
    I've checked the show names and rebooted but bizarrely its only showing certain peoples names, any ideas ?