Just got home with my Droid

Last Updated:

1. Kamilli0n

Kamilli0n Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This thing is a lot thinner and just smaller in general than I was anticipating. People have been complaining about the portrait virtual keyboard, but I can type like a champ on it. The physical keyboard is not bad either, I was expecting it to be horrible.

Verizon actually talked me out of buying it at full retail price. I added a new line for the Droid and to avoid paying for a data plan on my old line they gave me a used phone to activate on it.

Advertisement
  2. androidnewby

androidnewby Active Member

I am glad to hear the keyboard isn't as bad as they made it out to seem. That was one of my hesitations. I will also just be adding a line to avoid paying full retail as only one of our 2 phones is eligible for early upgrade. Thanks for the info!

3. dw0095

dw0095 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about how that would work...so at the end of an extended 2 year agreement, do you pay ~$240 for the extra line on your plan?

So how is it? I'm going out after work to pick one up.

4. Kamilli0n

Well I decided to go with a 1 year contract over a 2 year. I will pay $10 a month for 12 months. So I'll pay $120.

5. andrewdoane

andrewdoane Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that at least on this pro-Droid forum there will be lots of love for the keyboard. And, bottom line, if you don't like it use the virtual one.

6. androidnewby

androidnewby Active Member

I have always preferred a physical keyboard...thats one of the main reasons I have wanted this phone. Thats why I was bummed that most reviews really dismissed it as useless.

7. bluenik25

bluenik25 Well-Known Member

What was the full retail price?

8. Kamilli0n

$559.99

9. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

Congrats and i just did too. I agree completely. Keyboard is just fine. Way better than the Pre and just as good in my opinion as my old nokia e90. Reaching past the d pad is no issue. Camera heck pics look fine i got a green lock even when driving down the road. Dang thing only had 1/4 charge though when i got it. Oh and i dont recommend the Verizon privacy screen protector. I bought one and already took it off. It says to increase the screen sensitivity threw the menu but i just took it off. Response was decreased big time and i just didnt like it. Will be getting a clear view. Got the home dock and travel carrier too. Well need to sleep. Was up there at 5 was the first one to get one. :D Rush wasnt bad at all and they seemed very prepared. Funny thing is one lady asked where are all the people on this list lol

10. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

11. DroidGuy811

DroidGuy811 Member

Don't worry I thought it was kinda weird at first because the keys are flat. I've been typing on it off and on for the past 2 hrs and it is easy to get used to.

12. rocksthaman

rocksthaman Well-Known Member

funny , im in nashville waiting on the best buy to open so i can get mine

13. FormerStormUser

FormerStormUser Member

Let me tell you I LOVE my Storm, But this DROID rocks..Little akward to get used to, been with Blackberry for years,but wow...

14. Graz

Graz Well-Known Member

Well I have had my Droid for 2 hours and 6 minutes. I like it a lot. I was an avid WM user. It's such a relief to power this on and everything just works. I've been using a ton of Google's products for years (gmail, calendar, contacts) so easy to setup. Google voice works awesome with the app also!

15. charris1980

charris1980 New Member

except i can't find how to turn up the sensitivity? i thought settings/display but no where to be found. anyone know how to do it?

16. hockeytops

hockeytops New Member

I'm having the same issue. This doesn't seem very well thought through on Verizon's part. I'll be headed over to the Verizon store today to try and return it. The worst part too is that I had just asked the guy for a screen protector, not a "privacy" protector.