• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got Kitkat 4.4.2 on Tab 3 7 wifi - anyone else?

One of the biggest changes, for me anyway, was now I can move a lot of stuff to the sd card and free up the internal memory.

Another interesting change is the multi-window feature. Swipe from the right margin and a list of apps compatible with the feature will appear open one of them, swipe again, and open a second app. They will both be on your screen, allowing you to copy from one to the other, compare contents of one to the other, etc. I hope more apps will become available for the multi-window.

Reactions: Sideman
Upvote 0
My Tab is not the Sprint version, I have the wifi only unit. I just got an over the air update to 4.4.2 yesterday. I don't see much difference, but I'm not sure what to expect. Can anyone enlighten me as to what new features to look for?

Anyone else get this OTA update yet?

The main changes are slight ui changes, the multi window features that allows you to have up to two apps open on the screen ( doesn't work for all apps), there is now an apps2sd feature, the battery seems much better for me, it definitely seems speedier and that's it for the most part.

Reactions: Sideman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones