1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Just got my Cliq yesterday. Will be posting some questions..

1. Kray1

Kray1 Member

Hi, my name is Jay. I will be posting in this thread for a while throwing in a few questions here and there.
    I just got my phone yesterday, i figured out a few things but one thing i am having problems with is...

is it possible to take a screen shot of our txt conversations and send it via mms just like an iphone?

Thanks in advance.

--> 11/17/2009

Ok, so I have a new question. I have a long chat on AIM and FB I.M. on meebo. I want to save the chat. Is there a way I can email or copy and paste the entire chat log and save it or send it somewhere?

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Generally Screen shots are available for rooted phones ...

But you might try searching this site .. for "screen shots"

or do a Tag Search for "screen" and see what pops up ...

I seem to recall there might have been a new way to get a screen shot without root .... but not sure ..
  3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Yes that's right Justjimpc :)

Their was but unfortunately since Donut , the app is no longer compatible and will not be compatible in the future :(

It's still usable for anyone on Cupcake {1.5} though :D
  4. drewbdope

drewbdope Active Member

Isn't the cliq running on 1.5 anyway?
  5. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Yes it is actually :)

I have the .apk but I'm unsure if I'm allowed to Send/distribute it to you. The developer has released Drocap 2 {Free + works for root only I'm afraid} but if you ask him maybe he can send you the .apk for Drocap 1 which does work on 1.5 and everythings fine then...

You can email him or contact him on Twitter

Carl
  6. drewbdope

drewbdope Active Member

Thanks Carl. I just hit him on twitter. Hopefully, I can get it :D
  7. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Or if you ask him as it's free can you distribute it then I would happily give it out to you and others :)
  8. drewbdope

drewbdope Active Member

Thanks for the info. Hopefully you can share. This phone is too advanced to not have a stock screenshot app in my opinion.
  9. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Just emailed the Dev to ask if it's alright I distribute it here , I gotta respect the work of the devs who put alot of time and effort into making these apps :)

Hopefully he will say yes! We'll have to see!
  10. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sorry Guys ,

The Dev says I am not allowed to Distribute it :(
  11. Kray1

Kray1 Member

thanks for trying. im sure one will pop out sooner or later.
  12. NiNi

NiNi G1/Cliq Guide

the alternative home app OpenHome has screenshot on it
  13. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Does It require ROOT? Can you take a screen-shot of anywhere on the phone and not just the Home screen like in an app? :)
  14. Kray1

Kray1 Member

Ok, so I have a new question. I have a long chat on AIM and FB I.M. on meebo. I want to save the chat. Is there a way I can email or copy and paste the entire chat log and save it or send it somewhere?