Just got my Cliq yesterday. Will be posting some questions..

1. Kray1

Kray1 Member

Hi, my name is Jay. I will be posting in this thread for a while throwing in a few questions here and there.
    I just got my phone yesterday, i figured out a few things but one thing i am having problems with is...

is it possible to take a screen shot of our txt conversations and send it via mms just like an iphone?

Thanks in advance.

--> 11/17/2009

Ok, so I have a new question. I have a long chat on AIM and FB I.M. on meebo. I want to save the chat. Is there a way I can email or copy and paste the entire chat log and save it or send it somewhere?

Advertisement
    :
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Generally Screen shots are available for rooted phones ...

But you might try searching this site .. for "screen shots"

or do a Tag Search for "screen" and see what pops up ...

I seem to recall there might have been a new way to get a screen shot without root .... but not sure ..
  3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Yes that's right Justjimpc :)

Their was but unfortunately since Donut , the app is no longer compatible and will not be compatible in the future :(

It's still usable for anyone on Cupcake {1.5} though :D
  4. drewbdope

drewbdope Active Member

Isn't the cliq running on 1.5 anyway?
  5. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Yes it is actually :)

I have the .apk but I'm unsure if I'm allowed to Send/distribute it to you. The developer has released Drocap 2 {Free + works for root only I'm afraid} but if you ask him maybe he can send you the .apk for Drocap 1 which does work on 1.5 and everythings fine then...

You can email him or contact him on Twitter

Carl
  6. drewbdope

drewbdope Active Member

Thanks Carl. I just hit him on twitter. Hopefully, I can get it :D
  7. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Or if you ask him as it's free can you distribute it then I would happily give it out to you and others :)
  8. drewbdope

drewbdope Active Member

Thanks for the info. Hopefully you can share. This phone is too advanced to not have a stock screenshot app in my opinion.
  9. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Just emailed the Dev to ask if it's alright I distribute it here , I gotta respect the work of the devs who put alot of time and effort into making these apps :)

Hopefully he will say yes! We'll have to see!
  10. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sorry Guys ,

The Dev says I am not allowed to Distribute it :(
  11. Kray1

Kray1 Member

thanks for trying. im sure one will pop out sooner or later.
  12. NiNi

NiNi G1/Cliq Guide

the alternative home app OpenHome has screenshot on it
  13. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Does It require ROOT? Can you take a screen-shot of anywhere on the phone and not just the Home screen like in an app? :)
  14. Kray1

Kray1 Member

Ok, so I have a new question. I have a long chat on AIM and FB I.M. on meebo. I want to save the chat. Is there a way I can email or copy and paste the entire chat log and save it or send it somewhere?