• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just got my Dinc, and I am exploding with excitement :)

Obviously new here, just wanted to say hi! I got my Dinc on Wednesday right from the store (for some reason they had some), and I've been playing around with it for the last couple of days. I absolutely love it, everything about it. I'm coming from a BlackBerry, so this is a huge step up. (The only thing I miss is BBM).

So with that, I hope to be browsing this forum a lot starting right now. I've seen some cool threads so far, but is there a thread to ask really dumb questions about the Dinc?

Some of my questions I already have are:
why did the phone NOT come with an instruction manual? Only a Tips and Tricks guide?
Is there a way to make Gmail a widget like you can with the regular mail folder? (meaning I can just swipe left and have gmail open)?
Is there a thread here that goes through like "top apps for Dinc" or a list of noteworthy tips and functions?

Help is appreciated, and nice to meet you guys!

manual is an .pdf you dl.
I just manually ck gmail.
as far as apps it really depends on what want, you can look at layout thread ( sticky) for idea of popular apps. also the app thread.
Welcome to the Dinc (droid incredible) show

best bet would be to skim threads, prob has the answers to the questions you dont have yet:D

*with default settings or if you want all the bells and whistles , be aware that it eats battery charge. many how to threads and posts on diff options

Upvote 0
Lol. I just got mine on Tuesday and have been messing with it non-stop.
There is a bit of a learning curve from windows but its not bad. you will find everything you need between android forum, android central and xda developers... just read through all the stickies to get started.

Upvote 0
Some of my questions I already have are:
why did the phone NOT come with an instruction manual? Only a Tips and Tricks guide?
Is there a way to make Gmail a widget like you can with the regular mail folder? (meaning I can just swipe left and have gmail open)?
Is there a thread here that goes through like "top apps for Dinc" or a list of noteworthy tips and functions?

1. If it came with a manual it would be 1,500 pages long, and 80% of the users wouldn't read t anyway = waste of money

2. you could just set your gmail to go in to the "regular mail". Or, is this http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/27733-gmail-widget-not-just-inbox.html helpful?

3. There isn't really a "top apps for Dinc" because so many of the same apps would be on other phones. Both AppBrain and the Market have a "hot" or "popular" category, you can check those out daily, they change a lot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones