Just got my Dinc, and I am exploding with excitement :)Support

Last Updated:

1. Tbird24

Tbird24 Member This Topic's Starter

Obviously new here, just wanted to say hi! I got my Dinc on Wednesday right from the store (for some reason they had some), and I've been playing around with it for the last couple of days. I absolutely love it, everything about it. I'm coming from a BlackBerry, so this is a huge step up. (The only thing I miss is BBM).

So with that, I hope to be browsing this forum a lot starting right now. I've seen some cool threads so far, but is there a thread to ask really dumb questions about the Dinc?

Some of my questions I already have are:
    why did the phone NOT come with an instruction manual? Only a Tips and Tricks guide?
    Is there a way to make Gmail a widget like you can with the regular mail folder? (meaning I can just swipe left and have gmail open)?
    Is there a thread here that goes through like "top apps for Dinc" or a list of noteworthy tips and functions?

Help is appreciated, and nice to meet you guys!

Advertisement
  2. Diabl0

Diabl0 Well-Known Member

Tbird24 likes this.
  3. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

manual is an .pdf you dl.
    I just manually ck gmail.
    as far as apps it really depends on what want, you can look at layout thread ( sticky) for idea of popular apps. also the app thread.
    Welcome to the Dinc (droid incredible) show

best bet would be to skim threads, prob has the answers to the questions you dont have yet:D

*with default settings or if you want all the bells and whistles , be aware that it eats battery charge. many how to threads and posts on diff options

4. Tbird24

Tbird24 Member This Topic's Starter

thanks so far guys. I know I have a lot of reading to do, I just had to start a thread to say hi first.

Does anybody take issue with how light the vibration is? I rarely feel it, and its only two short bursts. is there a way to change this?

5. Diabl0

Diabl0 Well-Known Member

I have so many apps on my phone that I can't remember what is stock and what's not.

Go to Settings and then Sounds and Display or whatever it says. You can change the vibration pattern in there I do believe. :)

6. lafester

lafester Well-Known Member

Lol. I just got mine on Tuesday and have been messing with it non-stop.
    There is a bit of a learning curve from windows but its not bad. you will find everything you need between android forum, android central and xda developers... just read through all the stickies to get started.

7. smile44

smile44 Well-Known Member

Interesting...I'd like to be able to change this too, but didn't find an option in Sounds and Display. Which is it?

8. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

1. If it came with a manual it would be 1,500 pages long, and 80% of the users wouldn't read t anyway = waste of money

2. you could just set your gmail to go in to the "regular mail". Or, is this http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/27733-gmail-widget-not-just-inbox.html helpful?

3. There isn't really a "top apps for Dinc" because so many of the same apps would be on other phones. Both AppBrain and the Market have a "hot" or "popular" category, you can check those out daily, they change a lot.

9. Diabl0

Diabl0 Well-Known Member

It must be one of my Apps then. Believe it or not, I'm not near my phone right now :eek: so I can't tell you.