1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Just got my DNA!!!General

1. nate91

nate91 Member

Just got back from the FedEx store with my new phone. Barely got any use so far(going through the software update process). Man I am so excited. So many things to figure out... Root, Cases, Launcher...Soooo many decisions. First thing I gotta do is remember to be gentle, coming from a razr maxx Im not used to being too forgiving on my phone. Looking forward to learning more about this phone and everyone here!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Congratulations on your new device. Hope you like it. With the members here you'll learn a lot about your device. :)
  3. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

Define "gentle".
  4. nate91

nate91 Member

I was really bad about tossing my Razr around and just being generally rough with it. Need to not do that with this phone haha
  5. hilmar2k

While I certainly don't condone phone abuse, the DNA should take whatever you did to the RAZR. It's a well made phone.

But gentle is always best. ;)
    nate91 likes this.
  6. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

I just ordered my DNA today and returned the Incredible 4G LTE after I saw they both run for the same price now ($50).

Should get here Saturday.
  7. hilmar2k

Where is the DNA $50?
  8. Risley

Risley Well-Known Member

My sister just today got a DNA, it was $199 at Verizon for 2 yr. It can't be $50 anywhere yet can it?
  9. hilmar2k

I paid $149 at Best Buy last week.
  10. yaby

yaby New Member

Bought mine at BB last week for $149. Saw it on Amazon Wireless for $49. BB price matched.
  11. hilmar2k

Retroactively? Or at time of purchase?
  12. yaby

yaby New Member

Retro. I purchased it at BB on Feb 17. Saw the Amazon price on Feb 28th and went back to BB. They gave me a hundred bucks back( plus tax).:$
  13. hilmar2k

Time to head off to BB. I tried to get them to match, but they said they were not allowed to match price on the DNA.
  14. mwl1119

Radioshack.com and wirefly.com both have it for $50.

I went with radioshack due to the free 2 day shipping.
  15. mwl1119

Have them match Radioshack since they have actual storefronts.
  16. Ezduzit08

Ezduzit08 Well-Known Member

BB doesn't price match contract phones anymore.
  17. hilmar2k

Radio Shack is $99 for upgrade, $49 for a new activation, plus it it online only, not in-store.
  18. hilmar2k

They did on 2/15 when I bought my RAZR MAXX HD (since returned for my DNA). They even matched Amazon. However, when I swapped it out for the DNA, I was told they could not match on the DNA.

He did, however, say that the price match policy on phones was changing soon, so you may be right.
  19. Ezduzit08

They did then but as of March 3rd they don't.
  20. hilmar2k

But is that for purchases made after March 3rd?
  21. Ezduzit08

They could price match it, it'll be up to the manager.
  22. bre2942

bre2942 New Member

I purchases mine through Dell mobility for 29.99, I just missed it when they had it for 9.99.
  23. johnandroid123

johnandroid123 Active Member

What pros and cons have this phone?
  24. hilmar2k

Pros:

Fantastic screen
    Very fast
    Well built
    Great ergonomics
    Good battery life
    Excellent reception (radio)

Cons:

Limited to 16GB internal memory
    Non-removable battery
  25. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

Got my DNA yesterday after Verizon replaced my RAZR for it (I couldn't believe they did that btw). This phone is amazing. HTC really knows how to make something with pure quality. Couple of questions...

Can I download Sense skins? If so, where's the best place? I've checked in Google Play and k don't think the ones I've found work with this phone.

What happened to the Friendstream widget from Sense 3.0?

Does anyone know why HTC removes their quick settings toggles that used to be in the notification bar on Sense 3.0?

I'm having trouble getting wallpapers to apply properly whenever I'm using saved files. I've used the stock gallery, Astro, and ES. Any tips on makking it easier? Is there something I'm missing?

Also, as soon as my phone powered on, it took a software update from Verizon. Will this prevent root?

Thanks!