• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got my Droid today

The DROID sucks! :p

"shorty said the phone that she wit aint ____, cant do this, wont do that"

Vaporizer, I am not sure what phone you had before, but after excitement buyers remorse may follow as you realize it does not do what your other phone did. Give it time and learn what the phone can do. You will be impressed. Dont want you to give up after a week and start posting a thread that your phone cant start your car or cook your dinner. enjoy your phone and hit the forums because some of these guys found out some good features on this phone and i am still learning.

Not to bash iphone but i have to admit after a day i was done doing all i could do with it...only thing left was downloading more apps.....I have had the droid since November and I have found out some more features about my droid on another forum that i am playing with right now.

Upvote 0
Power control widget (it's built in) is really useful if you haven't tried it.

Get Astro file manager from the market, because it can back up apps and sooner or later you'll need it to install an off-market apk...

...Like Swype! the awesomest one-handed portrait keyboard ever. You'll need to search the forums for the download link since it's a leaked beta. Do so. It's worth giving a shot.

When you start running out of screen space, check out Launcher+, Home++, GDE, or track down the new 2.1 interface that you can run without rooting (You did get Astro file manager, right?).

Upvote 0
Im coming from the LG enV Touch. Which I thought was an alright feature phone but now I'm just blown away by the Droid.

Any Apps you recommend?

More Icons Widget: lets you put 4 cons in the place of one, 16 icons in the space that a row of 4 takes up

Astro File Manager: Lets you browse your android and sd card folders like a computer, backup apps, move files easily, and much more, a must have.

Handcent SMS: Adds more functionality than the Android sms app, customize fonts, speak your texts, sms pop-up with quick reply etc.

Dolphin Browser: Browser with pinch zooming, easy to navigate tabs, desktop mode, gestures, great features.

Seesmic or Swift for twitter: If you are a twitter user, these are my faves, I've never been a fan of Twidroid but it's popular too.

There are tons more, I have well over 100 apps, go to the Market and browse through the top free apps in each category, tons of great ones. Then if you are looking for recommendations for certain ones like news apps, notes, radio, etc. just post what you're looking for and you will get good feedback. Also look in the Android Applications section of the forum for more coolness!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones