Just got my Droid x, few questions ...Support

Last Updated:

1. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was about to order one and decided to check a Walmart that was 35 miles away, and kind of out of the way, and they had one available. So I took a drive and snagged that bad boy ... I am super impatient. Love the phone so far, coming over from a 30 day trial with the EVO. Seems so much more responsive and the screen is a night and day difference. I was teetering on a Samsung Galaxy phone, but Motorola and Verizon seem much more stable.

Anywho, here are the questions: 1) I take lots of photos of my family. This is my primary camera. I know this is a phone with a camera, it is not a professional camera. That being said, straight out of the box, are there any setting that should be changed up or tips/tricks for getting non blurry pics? It could just be an operator fault, but I am getting a lot of blurry pics. 2) Is the screen scratch proof? I have been reading a lot of stuff about 'gorilla glass' and some say yes, some say no. I would prefer to go naked, but the finger prints are already killing me lol. I know this portion of the questions belongs in accessories, but I did not want to make 2 posts lol. Screen protector suggestions?

Thanks a ton, love the phone. I think I made the right choice.

Advertisement
  2. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

The screen is not scratch proof, it's scratch resistant. All "gorilla glass" will scratch under the right conditions.

Most cell phone cameras require good, bright light. IMHO, the camera is very good. Sometimes I'll notices some smudges on the back, over the lens. It's a good idea to do a quick clean/wipe of the back before snapping pics.

Congrats on the new X!!!!

droid51378 likes this.
  3. xdroid

xdroid Well-Known Member

The screen is pretty well scratch resistant...you could go years without a screen protector and it might never get scratched. But if it does get scratched, that scratched area is going to give you issues for the rest of the life of the phone unless you do an insurance swap out and pay the deductible. It's your choice.

I personally just put the anti glare protector on it that VZW sells and it works fine for minimizing the impact of fingerprints and making it a smoother feel for your fingertips. It'll also protect the screen. A 3-pack is like 12 bucks so you can't really go wrong imo. There are better screen protector brands out there though that others have mentioned.

As far as the camera thing goes I wouldn't know.

droid51378 likes this.
  4. BigBruDa3rd

BigBruDa3rd Well-Known Member

The camera has a two stage button. Gotta hold it halfway once it focus while u still holding halfway push all the way down and hold till the picture is taken or let it go just up to u. Kinda like a point and shoot camera.

droid51378 likes this.
  5. wad7719

wad7719 Active Member

Indoor pics seem to be blurry, but i have taken some great outdoor shots. I light seems to really be a factor with these cameras.

For screen protectors I went through several cheap ones from Amazon before just buying the $10 Skinomi TechSkin for the Droid. It requires a wet application and looked like crap for the first 3 days while bubbles dried. After that it looked great. When I got the Droid X it was the first one I bought. I got this one really wet and it went on super easy...I could slide it around to line it up. After about 12 hours it looked great. The wet install really freaks me out, but I just shut the phone off for a couple hours and let it dry.