Just got my Droid!

Last Updated:

1. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Switched from a iPhone 3GS. Holy crap, I can make calls and surf the internet! Anyways, do you guys recommend getting the insurance on the phone? I've read a few threads with problems with the droid, resulting in a replacement.

Love the droid :D

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

The phone has a 1 year warranty that covers any manufacturer defects. If you have a problem within the first 30 days they (Verizon) will give you a new phone, after 30 days you will get a refurb.
    Insurance is for loss, theft, breakage/damage...things not covered under the warranty. There are a few different plans, one duplicates the warranty so be careful there. It's up to you to decide if you want to pay extra for insurance (and a deductible) or just risk it. If you make a claim you will probably get a refurb too.

3. KAL-EL

KAL-EL Well-Known Member

Like the previous member stated, the phone comes with a 1 year warranty for standard problems. However, no coverage for accidental damage/loss/theft. I ended up going with the thrid party coverage for peace of mind. Just remember, 6 months from now if you drop your phone, or its stolen/lost. You're out of luck if you dont have this coverage. if you think your phone wont experience these problems then dont get it. Something to definitely think about though.

4. mrjam3s

mrjam3s Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

I agree with the above posts...I am usually careful with my stuff, so I chose not to have the insurance.

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

I recommend weighing the pros and cons and deciding for yourself. It's not a one-size-fits-all world.

Just be aware that if you do have to pay for a replacement that you'll have to pay the full (not subsidized) price.

6. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got the insurance more because of accidents, etc. than worrying about the phone messing up. I've dropped and gotten water on too many phones to trust myself with no insurance. But it's your call...

7. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i dropped mine, was glad i was able to pay 75 bucks

8. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Not with Verizon. You have no internet while on a call. You can play around with anything that is already downloaded on the phone though.