Just got my Evo; 2 questionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. ellykay

ellykay Member This Topic's Starter

First, when I go into my menu, my first icon listed is the Calculator. I have only downloaded 2 apps, and both began with a b. Neither are showing. Can someone tell me if you have any icons under menu before Calculator? I called Sprint, and they were no help. They had me restart the phone, which I did. And, they had me update my profile. Neither worked.

Also, what is the best battery indicator app? I downloaded one I found earlier...batterytime lite, I think. But, the Evo is not listed on its devices.

And, FYI, I have been reading this forum for the past week and saw many people with problems hearing during phone calls. I, too, had to check the hearing-impaired option to hear decently, and I am in my mid-30's with no hearing problems.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Go to the market and see if they installed correctly by looking at you downloads. If they did then they should show up. Try to uninstall and then reinstall

I use 'Batter Status Pro' but its all a personal choice. Try them out and if you don't like the one you got, grab another and try it out.

3. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

If you click the UP arrow next to the PHONE button on the screen ALL APPS should show up.

4. IXIShogunR1

IXIShogunR1 Well-Known Member

if your looking for something that just shows your battery%
    Battery Indicator works really well on the evo

5. ellykay

Thank you for the suggestions. The apps are showing under Market Downloads but not under applications in the menu. When I click the arrow, it shows "All Applications", and it still starts with Calculator. Strange.

I will try Battery Indicator!

6. ballr4lyf

ballr4lyf Well-Known Member

^^This

Also, try the mini info widget. Battery, internal memory, and SD card memory in a single 2x1 widget. :D

7. ellykay

Would someone mind typing the pre-installed apps I am missing? Anything before Calculator.

TIA!

8. ScorpDX

Calculator is the first stock app

9. ballr4lyf

ballr4lyf Well-Known Member

I have nothing that came pre-installed before calculator in my apps tray.

10. ellykay

Awesome. Thank you so much!

11. ScorpDX

Another question...being that you mentioned "B" and "Battery widget" are the two "B" items you downloaded widgets? If so they won't show in the apps list

12. ellykay

I am embarassed to say that I don't yet know the difference in a widget and an app.

13. ScorpDX

An app is a full program. A widget is basically just a functioning shortcut on the homescreen.

14. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

ellykay, just keep trying. This Android thing is a continuous learning process. That is why a lot of people like it. You do learn new stuff all the time....kinda makes it exciting. Anyway, good luck!!!

PS:

An app is something downloaded to your phone. It is on there and you have numerous ways of accessing it.

A widget is like putting and active version of that app on one of your homepages. It shows a shorthand version of what that app can do(ie The Weather Channel)....naybe a little more complicated than that but you get the idea.

A shortcut is basically a shortcut to anything on your phone...it can be an app...or a contact....or a web address...or a etc....

Dutch54 likes this.
  15. Edricflo

Edricflo Well-Known Member

liquid battery is cool! It only costs like 1.70 Euro but it is well worth it!

16. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

this. ive never had so much fun with a phone, and this is my first android device. there is literally infinite customization possibilities.

17. dlocks

dlocks Well-Known Member

If you don't have Appbrain downloaded and installed, go ahead and do it.You can then search for download, install and uninstall all your apps for there.I find it easier to use than the Market App

18. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

It may be obvious but you have used the volume rocker on the side of the phone to turn the volume up right? Maybe you got a bunk speaker and need a replacement phone.