Just got my evo! now i need a screen protector..Accessories

Last Updated:

1. g916

g916 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I love it! But only downer is that the screen protectors I got for it are too short :( what do you guys think is the best screen protector to get (that's cheap)?

Advertisement
  2. hollawood24

hollawood24 Well-Known Member

Whats cheap to you? And what protector did you get?

Personally i have researched all the popular protectors and steinheil looks like the best.. i am waiting for my second evo tht should be coming tomorrow and im not using it until my screen protector gets here, because i have a big scratch across my screen now..

3. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

4. g916

g916 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Idk I got a random screen protector from ebay

5. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

Mm get zagg invisible shield is a b to put on it but works better then anything out there and the back looks shiny lol I got it for 20$ whole protection on amazon with shipment

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

6. hollawood24

Yea i always end up doing that too and have made that mistake once already for my Evo, so im not taking any more chances.. Either Steinheil as a very easy install and reliable screen protector or Zagg as a full body protector a little harder install, but very protective once on..

But i would rather have just a good screen protector only and slim case like Innocase II just in case you drop it.. Although the Zagg protects full body it really wont stand against multiple drops..

7. system60

system60 Member

I liked the clarivue on my N900 and plan on getting it for my evo. I got the sprint one for now, its ok but only covers the screen and not the whole face of the phone

8. XxMerlinxX

XxMerlinxX Well-Known Member

The Zagg looks like crap once you eventually get it on, there's a very noticeable waviness to it that I can't stand. You can see it in this pic.

[​IMG]

I got the Seido Ultimate Crystal Clear screen protector off of Amazon, and it's ok, but the cutout around the speaker isn't quite right and so there's a tiny bubble on the left hand side. The good thing is that you don't have to use any water and it truly is crystal clear. If I were to get a new one, I'd try the Steinheil or Boxwave instead.

9. jacker

jacker Well-Known Member

My vote goes to phantom skinz.

Its what I have and it works very well.

10. music_pharoah

music_pharoah Well-Known Member

I was inspired by your thread. I researched them. My conclusion is that steinheil is the best. YOU have to pick clear our anti glare, they are both amazing. Runner up is clarivue I'll be getting a steinheil myself though

g916 likes this.
  11. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Just placed an order for the steinheil clear. Thanks for the tip!

12. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

X2, the Steinheil one is great. I just failed miserably at applying it. Luckily I have 2 more tries.

13. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Very satisfied with my Steinheil SGP Ultra Clear. I wholeheartedly recommend Steinheil! Just make sure you order from their eBay store instead of their online store, because the eBay store has cheaper prices and lower shipping.

People who use the wet screen protectors like zagg and phantom skinz seem to like them, but there is no way I would intentionally expose my EVO to water. Steinheil provides great protection; maybe not "military grade" but really, do you really need that level of protection for your touchscreen? But most importantly, the SGP Ultra Clear looks and feels like glass...

g916 likes this.
  14. hollawood24

I can't wait until my steinheil gets here.. Finally got my ebay bucks and used that to order mine..