Just got my EVO! Now what, Need some Veterens Help!Support

Last Updated:

1. underpar62

underpar62 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Just got my EVO on the 4th (Sprint) which was cool, because my bday was June 3rd!!! So, I picked up a little bday gift to myself! :D

Anyway, I'm looking at some of the Veterns out there for some advice, help...

Is there an optimum way to have this phone "set up"? Like, what all should I have running / not running for really good performance?

Few pointers for you:

I live in Ohio, and we are not expected 4G til the end of this year (2010).
    I have a girlfriend who on a few different occasions, has called multiple times in a row.. (but, I never got the calls)???
    Watching streaming videos online (3G) is Choppy and stalls / buffers a lot? (Is this the standard)?

Any help / advice / thoughts would be great! Glad to be here!

-B

Advertisement
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

3. Dracostian

Dracostian Active Member

If this is only happening while you are at home, you may want to call Sprint and request an Airrave. They should provide you one for free if it's happening regularly at your home residence.

4. underpar62

underpar62 Member This Topic's Starter

Actually happens at work with a an AIRAVE 3 feet away from me :confused:

Its weird.. sometimes I get the call... sometimes I don't???

5. jloyac1

jloyac1 Member

I know the thread isn't particularly about this, but I've been having the same issue with mine, as far as not getting calls. People will tell me they have been calling, and getting a message saying I cannot be reached at this time, try again later. Not a voicemail greeting, but almost like a disconnect notice (which is not the case). Not even letting them leave a vmail, which sucks bc I'm job hunting right now and I can't afford to not be getting calls. Never had this issue on my hero or pre, and I have 3-4 bars signal in my house and neighborhood... I thought it was just me though. Good luck with it, ill post if I find anything out.