Just got my EVO what problems!!??

Last Updated:

1. GOTTI

GOTTI New Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys this is my first post i read alot on here and i just got my evo today i always read people complaining about 30 fps and 16 bit color and all that i dont know what that stuff is but for a cell phone this phone is amazing its really like walking around with my laptop i really think people need to just enjoy the phone and stop all the comparing to others and always pointing out the features it doesnt have and enjoy it for what it does

Advertisement
    nikkihp79, WaSTeLaNd, entiel and 8 others like this.
  2. AmericanTemplar

AmericanTemplar Well-Known Member

Yep, I totally agree! I've had mine since launch day & I absolutely love it! The only problem that I had was with battery life initially, but that's been fixed.

All of the complaining on these forums are doing a disservice to the Evo & Evo owners.

Eric-VTX likes this.
  3. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

I've had 4 and I've loved everyone.

stainlessray likes this.
  4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

...you two must not play many games, or you're not a techy to core like I am. I can easily see the difference between 30 to 60 frames/second, and the difference a 16bit screen has from a 24bit or whatever you want to compare it to.

I do agree, it's a good phone, and it's still like walking around with the equivalent of a computer in your pants, but for the money that I paid for this (~$17 short of $500) the phone should perform better than phones that were produced over 2 years ago (G1) in the multi-media department, seeing as it's this phone's selling point. It's also got a GPU and one of the newest processors running in it... which begs the question of WHY should it perform like crap?

Long story short, this is all HTC not wanting to fix anything because it was cost them a little bit of money. Also, I give it 2 weeks at most, but your screens will start to separate on the corners or on the sides. Once that starts happening, you'll start to notice light coming from the edges of the screen and by the soft-touch buttons on the bottom. This is due to the fact that your screen is now becoming separated from the actual phone.

5. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

foodman it is not a computer, 30 vs 60 does not mean anything on a 4 inch screen, maybe on a 60inch but not a 4 inch.

If you do not like the evo, send it back and stop troll the forums.

If the only thing you can do is complain about something that has been beaten to death, then you need to find yourself a new phone.

I hear the iphone is nice.

6. Eric-VTX

Eric-VTX Well-Known Member

I agree! I don't post must either but he does beat his meat to death! I've had mine since launch day and no physical issues. Love my so MUCH EVO that my wife is getting tired of it...:eek:

sagedil likes this.
  7. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Why would you pay aftermarket price for a phone you are so dissatisfied with!? If you are unhappy and paid that much, maybe you should TAKE IT BACK. WTF?

nikkihp79 likes this.
  8. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

I think you are confusing FPS with Resolution. A video playing at 10 frames per second looks just as shitty on a 4" screen as a 60" screen.

9. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

Rest assured, you got a great phone Gotti

Here you have two posts at diffent ends of the spectrum, Foodman's points are valid, however most casual users wont be concerend about anything other than the screen separation. Then there is River's, nicest way I can put that is BLIND loyalty.

10. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

^This by a landslide.

11. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

Because it is the hottest new device, and the XDA guys are unleashing its hidden performance.

12. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

Thats like buying a car and making a decision about its reliability in a couple days. Quirks dont usually show till its been used for a while. Give it a while and you will find some. Also, what phone did you have before the evo?

13. pwnst*r

HTC should have released the FPS specs, period.

14. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Right because the battery life wasn't blatently friggin honest to begin with. Shoot the guy at BB warned me about the battery life before he even started the transaction. And many of the other mentioned and discussed issues have been visual from within the first week of usage.

15. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Agreed. But are other devices releasing this info as a regular item for spec comparison? I've not seen it. generally you'll see it in recording specs but nowhere else.

16. pwnst*r

Who cares about what other companies do in that regard? They SHOULD release those specs and I bet that they will start in the very near future since mobile gaming will really start gaining traction.

17. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Who cares? Well I guess the people who do the comparison's care. If no other devices indicate this spec, how could you ever compare it?

I don't see a spec for battery weight, or battery cover thickness, but hey those maybe/could be at some point, for some reason become useful.

Doesn't make sense, but yes with gaming growing it could be something we see more of.

18. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Get her one!!! My wife and I both got one on launch day and she loves hers just as much....and she was a cell phone hater before. She could never find one that she liked.

sagedil likes this.
  19. iamtybaby

iamtybaby Banned

Give it a week homie...yull be ranting to...trust me

20. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

.....and then you have Sprint/HTC replace it under the 1 year warranty. what's your point?

21. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

There are a lot of us who have been happy since launch day, and are not prone to finding problems with our Evo's. If you get a solidly built Evo with good hardware/software/firmware and the only glitch (grounding) has already been fixed, whats to complain about? I understand that some people buy a phone as a gaming device, and then I suppose there would be other concerns, but I do not expect my phone to become my gaming device, or even my laptop, even though I may use it as such sometimes.
    It is a smartphone that far excels over any of my previous smartphones, and I have never looked back.

nikkihp79 likes this.
  22. Babbit

Babbit Well-Known Member

30 vs 60 might not be a big a deal if not for the fact that this is the ONLY smart phone with a 30 FPS cap. It's not just the iPhone, take any year old smartphone with a decent processor, and it feels a lot smoother than the EVO even though you know that the EVO is easily capable of actually decimating those older smartphones.

23. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

IMO this is a perfect assessment for myself and probably most users. I dont really care about gaming, however I am all for better transition and scrolling just because I surf quite a bit and skim/scroll while reading. It is a small dissapointment for me that other devices in the same class outperform the evo in this category. It may or may not be addressed by HTC, however, without users like foodman and those who follow the work that XDA does it definately won't be corrected.

Really only those who have compared the different devices side by side can readily understand the gripe. The people here who harass other posters that do complain about it, saying its not an issue, there's no such thing etc. just dont listen to reason and seem to have blinders on.

24. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

BLAH BLAH BLAH. You people never stop! Take your phone back or stop griping. You're aware of the FPS cap NOW, so if you don't like it NOW then take it back and give it a REST!!!!

sagedil likes this.
  25. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I'm about to go pick up my 3rd exchanged EVO (4th total) and I still love it, even though my 1st 2 did have major issues (1st - Touchscreen didn't respond after waking up, 2nd - software update bricked).

Nontheless, I've never been a "all touchscreen" guy until I got this phone. I love Android and the EVO. Even though I wish it had additional internal storage, so I could separate personal from work, it's still an awesome phone.

All the little details that some have problems with, they're not really issues to me personally.