• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got my evo.

i have heard...

that some oem put lower power to the radio to help make batteries last longer.

htc puts more power to radios...better GPS and reception... but not good for battery conservation.

Seems like my EVO gets a little longer battery life than the Epic, after 2.2 update. Before update battery on Epic seemed longer, at least that was my experience. Like I posted earlier though, give me better reception and I have no problem with the Epic. Great phone IMHO.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone! I just got my EVO on Sunday! Well, actually I got the Shift on Saturday, didn't like it and took it back for the EVO. I like it! The touch screen keyboard will take some getting used to. My other phone is a Treo 800w. I love my Treo, but it was time to join the rest of the world! LOL!

Well, I'm off to go find the steps to remove these stupid bundled apps! Seriously, Sprint, Blockbuster went out of business and who cares about NASCAR? Anyway, toodles!

Upvote 0
Hey everyone! I just got my EVO on Sunday! Well, actually I got the Shift on Saturday, didn't like it and took it back for the EVO. I like it! The touch screen keyboard will take some getting used to. My other phone is a Treo 800w. I love my Treo, but it was time to join the rest of the world! LOL!

Well, I'm off to go find the steps to remove these stupid bundled apps! Seriously, Sprint, Blockbuster went out of business and who cares about NASCAR? Anyway, toodles!

You have to Root your phone... to get rid of the added Apps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones