just got my htc desire.. few qs...Support

Last Updated:

1. broads desire

broads desire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so i got the desire monday, set it up filling in email acounts etc and have run into a slight annoyance.

Facebook has automatically filled my contacts with names n numbers. and a few dicks on my facebook have 999 as their number. as im gettin used to the phone i didnt realise taping a name with auto ring them, and couldnt work out to hang up hitting back does nothing but hide it :S

is there a way to have it so when i tap "phone" it will only display my contacts that i have put in myself?

i prefer jus to have the name and number of my contacts as if i want fb ill go on that.

also it may seem stupid but will people give me some tips on how to do simple things..

is there a button to hang up a call?
    is it possible to have multi calls ie 3 way etc.

jus need some beginner advice as im coming from a nokia lol

cheers

Advertisement
  2. betty

betty Member

Open Contacts -> Menu -> View untick facebook.

3. theajm

theajm Member

Go to People - All - Menu - View - Untick Facebook

4. broads desire

yeah i know how to disable then when i click the people application.. that only shows my contacts now..

but when i tap on "phone" on the home screen to bring up the dial pad..the contacts that appear there include the facebook ones and i dont want them to ..

it shows all contacts in the phone ie facebook, phone, sim, etc i only want the phone contacts to display.

5. broads desire

also ... is there a way to "jailbreak" the desire.. to give me sumthin like installous for the itouch?

im after some good apps for the phone but dont know what to get.. reccomend some games?

6. JonD

JonD Member

I'd like to know this also, its fairly annoying. Happens on new message aswell. Also regarding jailbreaking you can do something similiar called 'rooting'. Theres a dedicated section for it on here.

Android is open source so people add whatever apps they want on the market without restrictions.

7. broads desire

i have seen this rooting .. but all i can see it do is be ale to install apps to sd card.. which seems good but i cba to do it all for that..

apps2sd is coming in next update anyway i heard lol.