Just got my HTC Hero !

Last Updated:

1. Njd4

Njd4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all !

Just got my HTC Hero on Orange and love it !

I've actually had it for a week now and have already spent TOO many late nights downloading and trying out different apps..

Just thought i'd say Hi and ask a couple of silly questions which I couldn't find the answers to when I searched (but please don't hate me if they have been covered a million times before!) ;)

1) I've bought a couple of apps from the marketplace but now some have updates.. If I update them, do I get charged again? Or are updates free? I clicked on one and it said 'authorising card' so I'm assuming I'm getting charged again.. they're only a

Advertisement
    bomber12 likes this.
  2. philc387

philc387 Active Member

Hi, I've also got a Hero on Orange and I love it too. As far as I know you do not get charged for updates. I receive an email each time I pay for an app and I don't receive them for updates and I haven't noticed anything on my debit card statement. As for the magnetic thing, I did have a case with a magnetic closure but I stopped using it because it was too bulky. I hadn't heard anything about the magnet affecting the compass until now but it doesn't seem to have affected mine

3. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

I have never been charged for an update, thats all I can say, what Software was it that accessed your card after an update?

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

No, you're not being charged again, feel free to update :)

5. Zbig

Zbig Well-Known Member

I'm using this one:
    HTC: Accessory store: Pocket PC Cases + Covers: HTC Hero White Pouch PO S491 (with HTC Logo): Description
    It's official, simple, convenient and has no magnets whatsoever ;-) I've got mine on eBay.

6. theartfullodger

theartfullodger Well-Known Member

What level of Android does it come from Orange with???

Glad you like it... I love my Nexus One..

Cheers!

Lodger

7. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Welcome :p

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

9. bomber12

bomber12 Well-Known Member

Hi Njd4

I read your thread with interest. I am on my second Hero, and just got the second back from HTC. My problems were that the compass, and especially Google Sky map was not working correctly. From your comment about magnets on cases, I removed my Hero from it's case. It now works perfectly. My case is in the bin. My phone seems to have recovered from the magnetic field I subjected my phone too.
    Thankyou.

Have you tried google sky map? It's the best free app available.

10. Njd4

Njd4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cool !

Glad I could be of some help to someone !

Thanks for the info about the Update situation.. good to know we don't have to pay again!

I have indeed tried Google sky maps and love it !

Just have to do the figure 8 re-callibration to get the compass to work properly each time and we're away!

;)

Thanks again!