Just got my Incredible... where to start?!Support

Last Updated:

1. eson126

eson126 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum! I just received my incredible an hour ago and I have no idea where to start... For all you experienced folks out there, what customizations/apps should I work on? Any must-haves? Battery apps? Personal favorites?

Thanks and all the best!

Advertisement
  2. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Well-Known Member

There are no rules dude, beauty of these phones are you make them how you want them. start with what your interested in. But you absolutely need the barcode scanner you would not be an android user without it. I would personally steer you away from any taskiller/battery apps. If you want a task killer i would recommend system panel lite, its manual, as always if your not sure what an app does, dont kill it. I personally would recommend Dropbox its a great app to get files and pics from your pc to your phone real quick and its easy to set up. I also like Justin.tv and tv.com they work great on my captivate. Like I said though, there are so many you just gotta try a bunch out, you may find apps that you prefer, over the ones I would recommend. Good Luck and just have fun with it after like your tenth factory reset you should have it set up just the way you want it, lol. Have fun and although I am fairly new to this forum......Welcome to the forum.

eson126 likes this.
  3. JSS12

JSS12 Well-Known Member

LauncherPro - allows you to customize more than just what HTC allows, its an alternate "home"

Beautiful smaller home widgets - customize your clock

Pure calendar agenda

HANDCENT is a must! - text messages that look like instant messages/iphone

Dolphin Browser

App organizer and folder organizer - allows you to create folders to decrease your clutter

Those are just a few i'd recommend... but you should definitely check out the Thread: Let's see your "Incredible" layout (Pun intended)
    for some good ideas....
    there are many knowledgeable people on these threads if you have any questions.

eson126 likes this.
  4. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

"Estrong file explorer" lets you transfer files to and from your phone and your computer wirelessly.

"Apps Organizer" lets you create folder for your screen icons so you can save space.

EDIT: I see App organizer was already mentioned, sorry :)

eson126 likes this.
  5. xmirage2kx

xmirage2kx Member

There are some basics you need:
    Handcent
    Dolphin HD
    Astro (and or) Estrong file explorer
    *Google earth
    *Google sky map
    *My tracks
    Shapewriter/SlideIT/ or swype (only slideIT is in the market)
    Barcode Scanner
    *Chrome to phone (if you use chrome on computer)
    Sound Manager

* are "optional" but way way worth it.

eson126 likes this.