just got my moment but i need help!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. dodgerbluehero

dodgerbluehero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Why is my battery dying so fast it drops from 50 to 40 to 30 in a second! How do I fix this?! I love my moment btw!

Advertisement
  2. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

So are you saying you can watch your battery meter dropping? I had an old '77 Chevy truck with a 4 barrel carb, and when I stomped it to the floor I swore I could see the gas gauge go down. Are you saying it's something like that?

3. StealthTH

StealthTH Well-Known Member

Read the battery guide sticky at the top of the forums first then come back if your issue isn't addressed.

4. Ruki_Uki

Ruki_Uki Member

HAHAHAHAHA lmao! But yeah the battery sucks on my moment too. Make sure your wifi is off when not in use along with gps. and feel free to turn your brightness all the way down, the screen is still bright that way. Maybe we should have a race to see who's battery goes faster lol :D

5. dodgerbluehero

its because i have a battery widget that i could see it drop so fast :cool:

6. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

:confused:Your posts really aren't making much sense. I have a battery widget and have never seen it move at anywhere near the rate you're describing. Are you saying you got a super battery hogging battery widget that was suckin juice like crazy? When you removed it was your problem fixed?:confused:

7. 9Nails

9Nails Well-Known Member

Some of the quick fixes are:

1. Turn off Wifi.
    2. Turn off GPS.
    3. Lower the frequency which you're checking email.
    4. Remove 3rd party applications known to hurt battery performance. (ATK for example.)
    5. Turn off the phone if you're in an area of no service.

Not a quick fix: Make sure that you're on the latest firmware = CL14.

The Moment should last 20+ hours idle. (Not turning on the screen, not in and out of email etc.) It will last only a few hours if you're watching Sprint TV.

8. dodgerbluehero

I'm not sure its the widget I use battery life by curvefish and it didn't suck the battery out of my hero. What widget do you use? Also ATK is a bad idea? But don't all the apps keep running in the background? I have wifi and gps off already

9. edp

edp Well-Known Member

cycling your battery where you let it die and then charge it to full seems to help a lot, at least with my phone. also, try a usb top off, where after you fully charge your phone, you take it off the charger and then plug it into your comp with ur usb cable and let it charge that way for a bit. this takes some extra time, but i do it and get 30+ hours easy from one charge (well, i guess technically it's two charges with the usb top off).

10. heathershipp

heathershipp Well-Known Member

I use task panel to kill the apps and you have the option on which ones to choose. But be careful, there are a few on there that the phone needs to keep running for it to run properly. You have the option on which ones to keep runningand to automatically stop as well.... Also, my GPS is off, Wifi, I conditioned the battery two times and I have an app called battery indicator... Shows the system percentage, how many hours left on the battery etc.... hope it helps...

11. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Killing apps wont help, unless they are actively using the CPU.

Do you have the CL14 Update?

12. dodgerbluehero

how would i know it if i did?

13. heathershipp

heathershipp Well-Known Member

By the way, I also have an app called Battery Left... That one is the one that shows you the actual percentage left.... My bad lol

14. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

if your battery gauge is dropping that fast you got more serious issues, take the phone back.

15. Bigjohn

Bigjohn Well-Known Member

Not so fast.

See the tips in this thread.
    Click the menu button while on the home screen, choose settings, then scroll to About Phone. You should see the CL14 info there in the build...

If not, go to sprint.com and download the update and updater tool.

Then, go to SDX-Developers.com and get the kernel from Joey...
    My phone lasted 48 hours on minimal use - 20 texts and 3 phone calls, and a couple minutes browsing emails.

John