Just got my moto X..General

1. proc

proc Well-Known Member

And it has been the most rewarding experience as far as smartphones are concerned :D

Advertisement
    Grey1001 and DonB like this.
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Indeed. It's a great phone.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

Congrats proc.:thumb:My Developer Edition X and two cases will be here tomorrow. Can't wait for the upgrade from my tired old GNex.
    DonB likes this.
  4. proc

proc Well-Known Member

Thanks unforgiven :) you will be pleasantly surprised how amazing and better it is than the gnex.. Ordering a second one for my sister. :D
    Grey1001, DonB and Unforgiven like this.
  5. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

Just got mine also, it's updating like crazy. :hello:
  6. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Enjoy your new toys, you will love it, cheers
    Grey1001 and Unforgiven like this.
  7. proc

proc Well-Known Member

Heck even the camera is good and i don't have any problems with it.. the battery takes me through typical moderate use with 2 hours of videos/tunein radio, whatsapp all day, clicking a few pictures, half an hour of calls with ease.

My main worry now is how will I ever move on to anything else in the future?!?! ;)
  8. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Moto X II. It's in the works and it's a GoogleRola, not LenoMoto :)
  9. bunnyfer

bunnyfer Member

I just signed up with Verizon coming off of Virgin Mobile. I wanted the Moto X, but both the salesman and my hubby talked me into a Kyocera Hydro since the Moto X was out of stock. Here I am now, 3 days later, HATING my Kyocera. I am going to the Verizon store tomorrow and going with my gut instinct of the Moto X.
  10. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

Get your refund on the Kyocera POS, then use MotoMaker and order your new Moto X in the color combo you want. It will be in your hands in under a week, just the way you like it. I ordered a 32GB ( not a bad deal ) for only $50 with a 2 year contract. Go for it.
    DonB and Unforgiven like this.
  11. DonB

^^^ Ditto, good luck bunny and keep us posted.
  12. bunnyfer

bunnyfer Member

Thanks everyone. I called my Verizon store today, and happened to get my salesman on the phone, which I did not know at first. I explained how I was pressured, then he told me he remembered me. He then asked me what I did not like about the phone. I told him basically everything, and I should have gone with my gut and got the Moto. So I have a white Moto X on order, should be in store Wed or Thur...I am so excited to get this phone...
    doogald, Unforgiven and DonB like this.
  13. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

Let us know how you like it
  14. DonB

Enjoy and keep us posted ;)
  15. proc

proc Well-Known Member

Good going bunny .. :)
  16. proc

proc Well-Known Member

The only downsides I've found so far is the lack of badge notifications on the individual app icons and the fact that the system update screws with you again and again until you update the phone :p

People, is there any way we can add those badges without changing the launcher??
  17. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

If "badge notifications" means something like the number of unread messages displayed on the icon ... I use Nova Launcher Prime and there is a free add-on to it (also from Play Store) that provides that function. The only way I know to get it.

... Thom
    proc likes this.
  18. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

Last night I was plugging my phone in before bed as I normally do. It had been unplugged all day, say roughly 16 hours, and I had used it like I would normally use it. I still had 80% battery.:thumb:
    DonB likes this.
  19. proc

proc Well-Known Member

Thanks .. N ya I mean those no. Of notifications per app that display on the icon .. Even I have an apex pro license however I don't want to change the stock launcher on this device for some reason ;)

Unforgiven it really has great battery life. With my moderately heavy usage with youtube, WhatsApp, music, and browsing all on 3g data, I end up with 35 to 40 % at the end of the day.
    Phenomenal in my opinion considering the size of the phone n the display.
    Unforgiven likes this.
  20. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I went to Nova Launcher Prime to ... hide the pre-installed software ... get rid of the incessant Google box on all home screens ... increase the icon layout to 5 x 5 ... hide the persistent icons at the bottom of the screen ... hide the black bar at the top of the screen. The counts on incoming stuff was a no-cost add on.

... Thom
    proc likes this.
  21. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I have a Droid Maxx, not the X, but I believe that the launcher is the same. I get badged icons for unread messages in the Gmai app, for unread text messages in the messaging app (I'm not sure if Hangouts does, though), and the calendar app badges when you have an active event.

I'd be surprised if the Moto X launcher was different.

[I just sent myself a test message - Hangouts will not badge for received SMS.]

See attached screenshot... I switched to Messaging for SMS temporarily.

Attached Files:

proc likes this.
  22. proc

proc Well-Known Member

I actually don't mind the things you mentioned.. But ya at some point in the future I might as well will just install it.

Doogald hmmm.. I think it has something to do with the KitKat update then.
  23. bunnyfer

bunnyfer Member

Have my brand new moto in my hands, and I am in love. So glad I switched. Once I get onto Wi-Fi, I will update my apps
  24. proc

proc Well-Known Member

Congratulations bunny .. Have fun. :D :)
  25. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Got mine the other day and really like it except for some of the kit kat goofiness.