Just got my new Straight Talk LG Optimus Q today - wanted to say hi!

Last Updated:

1. Pentad

Pentad New Member

I just received my new LG Optimus Q running Android 2.2.

So far I'm pretty happy with it. Though the coverage for Sprint is not as good as my old Straight Talk 'dumb' phone on Verizon.

I'm anxious to root and upgrade the ROM to a newer version of Android if that is possible.

If somebody could point me in the right direction to start I would be most grateful.

Thank you!!

2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums and congrats on the new phone. Here is a list of the Android phones and a link to their area or discussion. Just follow the link for your device. I hope you enjoy these forums and thanks for joining AF.
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

4. codyhello

codyhello New Member

cam someone please give me full step by step instructions on how to root lg optimus q carrier striaght talk i am about to rip all my hair out trying to figure this out
  5. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello cody and welcome to Android Forums. Root is different for each Android device so you will need to read up in the root section for your device for the best information. You can find the root section for the Q2 by following the links above that Scary Alien so kindly left. I'm not seeing much for root information in that area so I assume the phone is fairly new and root has not been established.. or at least published on this forum. You might ask in that area and see if any of the users have more information to pass your way. Best of luck and thanks for joining AF.