Just got my Tattoo

1. Terry1100

Terry1100 Well-Known Member

My shiny (or rather matt - which is probably a good thing from a fingerprint perspectibe) new Tattoo is sitting on my desk charging.

How did they fit that puppy into such a small box. When the girl brought it through from the stockroom I couldn't belive it.

I know there's no software CD but that's a masterpiece of neat packaging.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Terry1100

And there will be more as I get to grips with a completely new OS.

Did HTC thoughtfully include some music on the supplied memory card - or did I get a previously used card ?

cheers
  3. GavinB

GavinB Member

It comes pre loaded with music Terry!
  4. Terry1100

Here's the No.2 newbie question

How do I set a custom tone for notification (of incoming SMS message). I am only offered a default list with no "browse" (or similar) option.

TIA
  5. Terry1100

HTC Support replied by e-mail (before anyone here - kudos to their customer service) to say you can't have a custom sound for SMS notification.

I'm surprised given the degree of cusomisation in everything else.

Is there a third party app that can do it ?
  6. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hello Terry! :D

Download the app "Rings Extended" free off the Android market -> Now go to change your ringtone or sms ringtone as normal -> when prompted select "Rings Extended" and you will now be able to choose from all the MP3's you put on the Phone :)

Carl ;)
  7. Terry1100

Carl,

Nice one - thanks. Now I can have Alexandr Orlov telling me "message, simples" when I get a text - my life is complete.

Home e-mail and work Activsysnc now set up (e-mail and calendar) so I just need to get contacts tidied and I'm fully "good to go"

Lovin' the Android experience.
  8. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Cheesy yet classic ringtone :p
  9. Terry1100

Bummer - appears not to be available for the Tattoo
  10. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Bummer ,

1) Well you could Email the Dev: Hackbod+market@gmail.com and hopefully they will enable it for the tattoo on the Market & Even put it on slideme.com

2) You could ask them to send you the .apk :)
  11. Alan BCFC 78

Alan BCFC 78 New Member

When I open the market on my tattoo and type in the app rings extended, it comes up that it cannot find it....

Any idea as to why ???????

cheers
  12. Terry1100

It's not yet officially "enabled" for Tattoo - but if you can find the .apk it does run.

But I'm not sure how this site would view the posting of a direct link on here - funnily enough, it doens't appea rin my history list for soem reaosn - try Googling it - the app does do exactly what it's supposed to - I now have "Message - Simples" as my SMS notification. :D
  13. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

guys

if you create a folder on the root of your memory card called "notifications" and copy your sms tones in there - they will appear in the sms tone list.

Same applies to alarms

jporch316
  14. Terry1100

Excellent - thanks
  15. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

nb - choose the sms tone through the sms settings within the messages program.
  16. Terry1100

That was easy - now why didn't HTC support tell me that !
  17. vexus

vexus New Member

There are several all out there that helps set and modify MP3 as ringtone, i personally like Ringdroid, it allows you to choose the mp3 and set it as a ringtone or notification sound at the end.

All above are by using another application to augment the process of putting the MP3 as a ringtone. The most simplest way is by organizing your folders in your SDcard.

This is how i set my folders.

SDcard > Media > Audio > Ringtones
    SDcard > Media > Audio > Alarms
    SDcard > Media > Audio > Notification
    SDcard > Media > Audio > Music

If you set up your folder like above, once you reboot your phone, the OS will automatically set all the mp3 in Ringtones as an option when you go to menu.
    All the mp3 in Alarm folder will be selectable when you want to choose a Alarm tone.
    And all the mp3 in the notification folder will be able to be used in any app when you try to set a notification tone.

Another tip : If you guys are annoyed that all your mp3 even the one from GPS navigation software comes up in your music playes, or all the pictures come up in the album app, then there is a simple way to remove it.
    Shoresy likes this.
  18. Terry1100

Excellent tip - thanks.

I might even remove "Rings Extended" - your (Androids) solution is very neat - it's just a pity it's not better documented.
  19. Shin

Shin New Member

Can somebody tell me please, for what is that "Speech synthesizer" and how can it be use as I download it from market and...nothing.
  20. Shin

Shin New Member

I solved the problem ...
  21. finhex

finhex Member

Folder should be called Notifications
  22. domb

domb Active Member

wrong one sorry.
  23. ace2710

ace2710 New Member

Hey, I just got an HTC tattoo aswell, does anyone know how to change the email I set up when I first turned my phone on? I can't seem find a way to remove it anywhere :(
  24. babloo75

babloo75 Member

Sorry for being ignorant here... Does it mean that we have to create new folders in the sdcard of our phone by the names: 'Media' and within it 'Audio' and within it 'Ringtones'
  25. EddersC

EddersC Active Member

babloo75: Yes!