just got my two new batteries and battery battery dock delivered from Hong Kong for $12Accessories

Last Updated: 2010-09-06 03:28:16
  1. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

Hell for under ten bucks I'll just keep them in the car with the flashlight for emergency use.

Advertisement
    marctronixx likes this.
  2. justinholt123

justinholt123 Well-Known Member

OMG! I just tried that, and youre right it doesnt work! how the heck does that even happen? Well so far everything else is going ok, and i guess i can live with that.
  3. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

The only thing I'd be worried about knockoff batteries would be the battery exploding while its in your phone. I'm not sure how common that is though.
  4. scnat

scnat Active Member

5. emoevo

emoevo Member

6. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

I've used this eBay charger and batteries for about 8 months. (From my Hero days.) They work just fine. It's hard for me to tell the difference between the HTC and these knock-offs.

I now have three sets of batteries and chargers. I like the chargers because they take about three hours to fully charge batteries. Nice and slow. You don't want a rapid charger. Rapid chargers produce heat and heat is the death of any battery, no matter the size.
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. justinholt123

8. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I got mine last week from ebay as well. The charger is good. Not sure how fast it is since I charge my batteries over night. The batteries work good. Paid $11.99 with free shipping. Two batteries and a charger, cheaper than one oem red battery. Can't beat that.
    marctronixx likes this.
  9. EVOtravis

EVOtravis Member

damn, 10 bucks....worth a shot, even though i'm not that upset with the one battery i have.
    marctronixx likes this.
  10. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i absolutely LOVE this post! i can almost here the poster saying this! lol... just too funny...

11. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

I ordered probably around the same time as well, still have not received mine, probably still hung up at customs.

I agree for the price you can't go wrong. I was only looking for a battery charger for the spare battery I already had, (Seidio). But now I'll have some spares to keep as a backup.
  12. Waflsk8s

Waflsk8s Active Member

I got my pack a couple days ago and so far it works pretty well. One of the batteries I got was definitely better than the other (the good one lasts just about as long as the stock battery, the other one remarkably less) but that's what you get for getting chinese knockoffs. The charger is GREAT...except when you try to charge your phone directly from it. However I charged the stock battery on the charger and FINALLY GOT OVER A DAY'S WORTH OF CHARGE. And this is with normal use, wifi on, etc. So it seems on a normal charge the phone does not charge it fully.
  13. justinholt123

hmmm...interesting, ill hafta try that.
  14. ryohei47

ryohei47 Well-Known Member

probably gonna get it, how long can these hold their charge?
  15. dutchman71

dutchman71 Member

These work great:

ebay item # 170492546861 (search by item #, link not working for some reason)

In my hands 7 days later. Can't be beat for $10 shipped.
  16. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up on this ebay seller. I just bought the 11 piece accessory bundle (ebay item# 290445636149) for 19.99 shipped. I didn't need all of the items but the extra travel charger, the ear buds w/mic and the car mount were worth the Jackson to me.
  17. nickoakdl

nickoakdl Well-Known Member

After using these batteries + charger for the past 5 days I have to say that I am extremely impressed. I notice no difference between these batteries and the stock one. It has really turned the whole issue of this phone eating up battery life into a non-issue.
    marctronixx likes this.
  18. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

I haven't received any shipping info after ordering on wednesday, I hope everything is in order

Edit: nevermind I got the shipping confirmation in a different email a account
  19. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

I never did either but got both orders fine. Took maybe 8 - 10 days each time.
  20. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

im picking my package up in the morning. since it was signature required, they could not leave it in the PO Box... thanks all for the responses...
  21. whatsitsname

whatsitsname Well-Known Member

I would estimate these batteries to having 10-25% shorter life than oem. When I use the internet and video playback on the oem battery, I get 4 hours. The china batteries last 3 hours to 3 1/2 hours.
    Keep in mind my usage is continuous (such as streaming the espn World Cup non-stop). Under my normal usage I guess I would get about 10 hours.
  22. Alto101

Alto101 Member

I am in for a set, I will post feedback when we get them and have a chance to test them out.

I wonder how the seller even manages to ship these for $12 from overseas?
  23. riggs6

riggs6 Member

I just ordered mine!
  24. Because they probably cost less than a dollar to make.
  25. weezyweazel

weezyweazel Well-Known Member