Just got off the phone with T-Mobile - rumors confirmedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. WhoFlungPoo

WhoFlungPoo Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 20, 2008
    Hello everyone. I've been a subscriber with t-mobile for several years and I've been very interested in this new phone so I called them up to find out mainly when my contract is up. I wanted to make sure that I could upgrade my phone while still under my latest 2 year contract extension. I hinted at the "rumored HTC Dream or G1" phone launch and he actually interupted me to confirm that "oh yea, the G1 is coming".

So first off, it's being called the G1.

Secondly, he said that they are doing a roll out launch based on the availability of the new 3G network. For instance, I live in FL and he said that the Miami area got the 3G network on the 16th, but he didn't see anything on the schedule for Orlando and Tampa. However, he said that they will be doing the major metro areas, several per week, throughout the end of the year.

Also, he told me that you should still be able to get the phone once it's released and NOT get the data package so it acts as just a plane phone; then add the data package later once it's available in your area.

Data packages should start at $19.99 which is the same as they are now and he didn't believe that would change.

If you currently have a plan with T-Mobile, like myself, you won't be required to change it. Which is really nice for me since I'm on a 1500 minute plan for only $40/month.

I also hinted at the price being $199 and he wouldn't confirm that. Saying only "yea, whatever price they will be you should have no problem upgrading with your current plan"

I think that's about it, but if you guys have any other questions, feel free to contact T-Mobile directly. He seemed pretty forthcoming with the info.

611 from your t-mobile phone

Hope this helped...

2. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

Mar 26, 2008
    Great info, thanks for the first hand experience. Good stuff.
  3. jmannyjr

jmannyjr Member

Sep 21, 2008
    I called tmo rep and she said she cant wait till the android google phone 2 come out. And she checked her memo and said more info on the phone on the 23rd of sept. And release the phone 4 sale 31st of oct. Have anyone heard this before?