• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got off the phone with Verizon..

Weird enough I know what the CS rep is talking about. I work at radio shack and I had a customer come in and ask me about which prepaid phones are able to act as a modem, and as he keeps going he tells me how he writes programs and he sends data through a txt with out getting charged. I didnt get any further info outta him other then that, but it sounds like he is doing what the cs rep hinted around to.

Upvote 0
I use Google Voice also. Based on numerous threads I've read on this forum I understood I had to add my GVoice # to my Friends and Family numbers and it would Sort of fool verizon into thinking I'm just calling a number on f&f. However I heard that since the app was updated this no longer works. I didn't update so I could keep on texting for free. Has anything changed? Should I go ahead and update the app now?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones