Just got one, and it might be causing network problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. justscott5

justscott5 Member

It seems as if my Excite is causing a slow down in my home network. I'm using my trusty Buffalo WHR-G54S router with DD-WRT installed. I have 5 or 6 other devices using WIFI and 3 more devices connected via Ethernet cables. I use DHCP to let my router assign IP addresses. I did notice that my Excite was issued an IP of, which is the first possible number in the range I have specified. I thought that was odd since most of my other devices' last 3 digits are in the 130s and 140s.

I'm pretty sure that if my Excite is on and connected, my whole network's internet, wired and wireless, slows down. Eventually none of my devices will connect. When I turn the Excite off, all of my devices work fine.

So, is it possible that the Excite is causing a problem for my network?

2. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes it's possible:) How to fix it:confused:
  3. justscott5

justscott5 Member

I guess I'm wondering if anybody has had this happen to them, and knew of a way to fix it.
  4. justscott5

justscott5 Member

For anyone who's curious, I fixed the problem. For some reason, in my router settings, I had the Gateway IP and the DHCP Starting IP address set to the same address. My router gave my tablet the same IP address as my gateway address. I changed the Starting IP address, and everything's fine now.