• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just got refurbed Tbolt

3 weeks ago my 18 month old Tbolt stopped charging the original and extended capacity batteries beyond 66%. Thinking that the problem was 18 month old batteries I bought a new extended capacity battery, tried different chargers, but the problem remained. Turned out that the USB port was the cause.

Long story short, called VZW, they sent me a refurb Tbolt, which fixed the problem, BUT, the big news is that the battery life on this refurb is incredible (no pun intended) I can get an entire day out of the original/slim battery now.

I don't know if HTC updated the phones in some way in the last 18 months or maybe I didn't reinstall an app that was killing the battery, but either way, I'm really happy with this phone again. I haven't even put the extended battery in the phone once since I received the refurb (probably will today as I won't be near a charger for most of the day and tomorrow).

One other thing, kudos to VZW for swapping out my phone that was out of warranty and without an insurance plan.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones