• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got replacment rev 003 EVO, going back too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My original evo was a revision 002. I needed a new one because my front camera has a red mark on it (no light leakage or separation issues). My rev 003 model showed up today and it has to go back (without even activating it). The vibrate is waaaay louder and has an audible buzz to it. It was the absolute first thing I noticed. My 002 is quiet and just vibrates, the 003 I have literally buzzes.

I wonder if this is just an anomaly, or if any of you can chime in on this....is your 003 EVO's vibrate really 'buzzy'

They made the vibrate feature stronger on the HW3 units. Its the way all the new phones behave.

Upvote 0
hey dreamliner im just going to inform you of how vibrating in phones work... there's this thing, ya see, called... a MOTOR, and when it spins really fast to make it vibrate, it makes some noise, how do you expect high speed moving parts to be completely quiet? your just way too damn picky

that is like saying a car is meant for moving, not being heard, but guess what, when the motor is running.... OMG you can hear it! yes that applies for electric cars too, they are quieter but yes, you can hear them...

stop expecting something that doesn't exist yet, this isn't the holy grail of phones where we have just untapped never ending battery life, nuero implant notification system, 3-d holographic depth perceptive display... it's a phone, it is a very nice phone but still a phone, and when it vibrates, it's gonna make noise, end of story

While I don't agree that the level of noise that the vibrator makes is unacceptable, your comparison to cars is poor at best...
Nissan LEAF - Nissan Electric Vehicles Adopt Noisemakers - The Car Guide
"Ever since their inception, hybrid vehicles have been lauded for the ability to conduct their business in complete silence. However, there is a strong argument against such an ability, as it has resulted in more than a few instances of unaware pedestrians inadvertently being introduced to a moving vehicle. For this reason, many critics have cited pedestrian safety as the primary reason why North American governments and safety groups need to mandate the installation of form of noisemaking device to ensure the next generation of electric vehicles remain audible.

According to their most recent reports, Nissan is looking to head off such a mandate by equipping their Leaf and Kuga electric and hybrid vehicles with a digital sound device that creates audible tones across a wide range of wavelengths to ensure that tone-deaf pedestrians can still hear it. Altering the sound during acceleration and deceleration, it should effectively replace the more traditional exhaust note of an internal combustion engine and keep the visually impaired and inattentive pedestrian masses safe."

Upvote 0
I hear the new iPhone Vibrates perfectly. Of course it will drop your call as soon as you touch it but that is only a minor detail.
Oh and BTW you think the attacking by EVO fanboys is bad, nothing compares to what iPhonies will do.

For the record I love my EVO, and I think the build quality of HTC phones is really pretty good. Build quality isn't as good as the new iPhone but that is really the only thing Apple does best (antenna choice aside)

Upvote 0
Well...I got my new EVO today...and guess what...

THE VIBRATE IS PERFECT!

Nice and quiet as it should be, not audibly 'buzzy' at all...but, the screen grounding issue is still present. FAIL.

I'm keeping this one, and the person I am working with at Sprint is setting my account so I am eligible for an upgrade. If the new EVO's in a couple months are fixed or the EPIC looks good, then I'll think about switching again.

Upvote 0
Well...I got my new EVO today...and guess what...

THE VIBRATE IS PERFECT!

Nice and quiet as it should be, not audibly 'buzzy' at all...but, the screen grounding issue is still present. FAIL.

I'm keeping this one, and the person I am working with at Sprint is setting my account so I am eligible for an upgrade. If the new EVO's in a couple months are fixed or the EPIC looks good, then I'll think about switching again.

Update it... Fixes screen issue.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones