• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got replacment rev 003 EVO, going back too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I got my new EVO today...and guess what...

THE VIBRATE IS PERFECT!

Nice and quiet as it should be, not audibly 'buzzy' at all...but, the screen grounding issue is still present. FAIL.

I'm keeping this one, and the person I am working with at Sprint is setting my account so I am eligible for an upgrade. If the new EVO's in a couple months are fixed or the EPIC looks good, then I'll think about switching again.

So what built is this one now?

Upvote 0
Well...I got my new EVO today...and guess what...

THE VIBRATE IS PERFECT!

Nice and quiet as it should be, not audibly 'buzzy' at all...but, the screen grounding issue is still present. FAIL.

I'm keeping this one, and the person I am working with at Sprint is setting my account so I am eligible for an upgrade. If the new EVO's in a couple months are fixed or the EPIC looks good, then I'll think about switching again.

Out of curiousity what time did you get it today?

Upvote 0
Update it... Fixes screen issue.
oh, nice! I'll wait till its on the Fresh build to get it
So what built is this one now?
Out of curiousity what time did you get it today?
It was at the door when I got home from work.
Ah, the power of the placebo effect. Try "this one, sir, this one is really quiet!" "Oh yes, it is. This one is MUCH quieter than the last one. See, told you I was right!"
Sorry man, not placebo. There is a significant difference between my #1 EVO, #3 EVO and the noisy EVO #2. If you'd like to trade with my #2 EVO, PM me your contact info, and we'll swap.
Man that is just Wong
lol

Upvote 0
I am closing this thread.

But I will say this before closing.

When the first instance of light bleeding came out, they dismissed the poster.
When the first instance of screen popping up, they dismissed that too.

So if there is an issue with one or two phones having an annoying out of the ordinary buzzy buzz to it, we should not start jumping down on the poster.

TS out

Reactions: Matlock
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones