• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got S3 Premium Suite update on T-Mobile

It looks like T-Mobile is rolling out the Galaxy SIII Premium Suite. I turned my phone on this morning (5/13/13) and had a software update. I guess the biggest thing people were interested in is the multi-window/multi view option. It has a sidebar tab you pull swipe to open and drag apps to your screen and gives you split screens that you can resize.

Device version now reads: Android version 4.1.2, baseband version T999UVDMD5, build number JZO54K.T999UVDMD5

Attachments

• 2013-05-13 07.34.36.png
    2013-05-13 07.34.36.png
    586 KB · Views: 126
Installed it this afternoon via Kies (man, what an amazing pain in the a$$), so far so good. Multi-Window is cool, although I wish more apps would work with it- looks to be limited on my phone to some system apps, Twitter & FB.

Also noticed that the camera now enters "burst" mode if you press & hold the shutter button.

I'm curious to see how battery life is...

Upvote 0
I think I know the answer to this, but I thought I would check if anyone has any other opinions. After the Suite(sweet ;) ) update, the page buddy appeared.

With this you are supposed to get a different home screen when you plug in your headphones. I have it checked, but nothing changes when I plug in the earphones. I get a notification that the earphones are connected and get the little shorcut bar in the notifications window, but no change to the home screen.

I believe this is because I am using Nova prime launcher instead of TW. Does anyone know if this only works with TW? If so, I am disappointed, casue I am not switching back, LOVE Nova too much! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones