Just got some new apps and widgets and I'm wondering if they'll kill my battery lifeSupport

Last Updated:

1. JDong217

JDong217 Member This Topic's Starter

So I got the ADW.Launcher and I'm finding it to be FANTASTIC, much better than Sense and LauncherPro IMO. I FINALLY got swype and it's amazing too. The big thing those it that I finally threw some widgets onto my desktop - namely YouTube, Google Search, and the Power Control thing. The power control is really nifty and makes it so easy to control bluetooth, wifi, gps, etc.

Are these going to kill my battery life? I dont' use live wallpapers and I make sure I don't have a ton of apps running in the background

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Im certainly no expert but i would say that as long as they are not something that are constantly updating of pulling stuff from internet that you should be fine. Not s fsn of widgets myself, got alot of program shortcuts on mine. I do have a couple though

3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Oh yea... Welcome to the Forums!!!!!!!

4. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

If you do much "videoing" with that YouTube app, it will probably hit your battery pretty hard. Anytime you are actively doing things on your phone, the battery hit will be significant. If you are not actively using your phone then it will depend on the amount of syncing and such that is taking place. I would recommend getting the paid version of system panel which will let you easily check to see if an app is using data/cpu and kill it if necessary. I don't recommend auto-killers but an occasional manual kill of an app that you can see is hitting the network or working the cpu can really be helpful.