• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got the 2750mah battery

bahbee210

Lurker
May 18, 2012
just got a quick question regarding it. i charged it to 82% earlier today (had to leave the house before it charged all the way) and it stayed at 82% for at least 2-3 hours. i know that this battery is supposed to give it more life, but is it really that much more life? my old battery would have fallen a good 20-30% in that time, i figured this new battery would only (about) double the battery life, meaning it should have drained about 10-15% of it.

so is there anything i can do to make sure my battery is showing my the proper percentage? preferably without having to root it, i'm paranoid. i just plugged it back in and it started charging again right where it left off at 82%.

It is recommended that new batteries go through several full cycles (discharge and recharge) to allow the battery data file to be rewritten.

Give it some time and things should get better.

BTW, how is the phone to handle with that wart of a battery on the back? I have atayed away from the Thunderbolt extended battery because of how hideous cumbersome it looks.

-Sev

Upvote 0
It is recommended that new batteries go through several full cycles (discharge and recharge) to allow the battery data file to be rewritten.

Give it some time and things should get better.

BTW, how is the phone to handle with that wart of a battery on the back? I have atayed away from the Thunderbolt extended battery because of how hideous cumbersome it looks.

-Sev

Hideous? Yes. But also easier to handle.

Upvote 0
I have to agree, the extended battery does make it easier to handle, though it does take away from asthetics a bit.

Also, yes, the battery does last quite a while. Usually the only time my extended battery drains quickly is when I have my phone in my pocket at work all day and it gets hot. I went all yesterday at work and it was still at 90% when I left, and I was using it for web browsing for various issues while my computer was updating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones